Principal Software Engineer
What We Are Looking For:
- You enjoy contributing to a team solving complex data, usability, and scalability problems.
- You love learning and staying up-to-date with software development processes, and cloud technologies.
- You approach paying down technical debt and modernization in an incremental manner rather than a full rewrite.
- You like to architect solutions that scale, result in high quality, and low maintenance of the system.
- You like to dig deep until you get to the core of a problem.
- You have an opinion and think holistically about all aspects of software development including testing, monitoring, software development life cycle, and deployments.
- You own and care about the product and experience you’re delivering to users .
- You have a passion for mentorship and the ability to drive engineering best practices throughout a team of engineers.
- You’re excited to leverage the cloud infrastructure of AWS to create new market-changing solutions, while working in a lean methodology.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver on major features for a configurable, user-friendly platform for behavioral health care practices, agencies, and clinicians.
- Drive significant technology initiatives end-to-end and across multiple layers of architecture and application design, focused on increasing the availability, scalability, performance, resilience, and reliability of our product.
- Identify strategies and approaches to modernize our stack and tools while delivering on our roadmap.
- Be a multidisciplinary leader and coach engineers to level up their technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Pursue and resolve complex or unchartered technical problems and share key learnings.
- Stay apprised of innovations in the industry and make recommendations on their applicability.
- Aid in the continuing development of coding standards and best practices.
- Advocate and drive improvement of the team’s agile development processes to achieve a vision of continuous delivery.
- Recommend and drive best practices for improved observability and maintainability of our system.
- Deep dive and debug any major critical bugs.
- Work with the Product and other company leaders to give user experience and product feedback.
What You’ll Need:
- Established track record of delivering complex and scalable software solutions to delight customers.
- Problem-solving skills and the abilities to analyze quantitatively, scope technical requirements and effectively prioritize program deliverables.
- A proven ability to work hands-on in a fast-paced changing environment requiring creativity and independent judgement.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- 15+ years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge and experience with cloud hosted, service-oriented architecture.
What We Offer:
- Radically remote flexible work schedule
- Competitive compensation package, including 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision premiums
- Employer contribution to Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Generous paid time off policy
- Bonus plans
- Company-paid ORCA pass
- Casual work environment in a convenient downtown Seattle location
Read Full Job Description