Principal Software Engineer
Are you interested in joining a team of marketing technology professionals to define the marketing platform architecture and work with both horizontal and vertical teams to deliver one of the global best travel platform?
The marketing Architecture Team provides strategic mentorship and defines patterns for technical and business architecture to enable faster decision making. Equally, it serves all divisions across Expedia Group by defining boundaries and integration points of architecture, defining patterns for the design, developing and deploying of technical assets, and providing strategic insights on business and technical architecture. This is all done to build Expedia Group wide capabilities, increase use across assets, scale innovation, and reduce redundancy while growing consistency with the long-term goal of crafting the most effective travel platform.
What you'll do:
- Work with platform teams (infrastructure, data, application engineering etc.) to build a cohesive technology solution
- Work with product delivery teams to snap to the Expedia Group marketing group technology vision, using the technology platform
- Work across multiple dimensions of the organization to improve platform impact of capabilities
- Promote the platform architecture vision within other organizations of Expedia Group
- Provide architectural mentorship in the form of presentations, documentation or working code
- Help define standards and guidelines core to the Expedia Group marketing vision
Who you are:
- Large scale distributed systems design
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and span multiple subject areas
- Ability to influence and inspire change at a large scale (public speaking)
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.