ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
Principal Systems Architect (Kafka/Messaging)
Kirkland, San Diego, Santa Clara
ServiceNow is one of the fastest-growing enterprise software companies today with over $5 billion in revenue and hurtling towards $10 billion in revenue.
To hyperscale, we’re hiring a Principal Systems Engineer to:
- Design and implement scalable messaging systems based on technology such as Confluent or Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, and Azure Event Hub.
- Provide architectural oversight of our messaging capabilities, technical thought leadership, mentorship to other engineers, and act as an information conduit to other leaders in our global organization
We are a dynamic and growing high visibility team of engineers and developers delivering infrastructure technology that powers our SaaS platform. We are disruptive, work hard, are customer obsessed and don’t take ourselves so seriously, but provide an unparalleled system engineering experience for our customers.
This is a highly visible and critical technical role that will leverage new and existing technology to enable the business and deliver a messaging infrastructure that runs our industry leading SaaS platform. This position offers high work-product visibility, access to leadership and senior technical staff, substantial breadth of technical responsibility, and the opportunity to shape the skills growth of other engineers. By joining us on this mission, you have the rare opportunity to:
- Join an already high-intensity, successful company in driving 2x revenues trajectory.
- Take an active role in driving the messaging technical roadmap and lead architectural forums and sessions to define and develop Kafka best practices.
- Bringing together multiple perspectives and be the key messaging connector in highly visible role.
- Drive and participate in deep technical design discussions within our team, across partner teams, and ensure that we’re building and delivering a 21st century infrastructure.
- Revolutionize and move the needle in SaaS cloud computing.
We are passionate about our product and live for our customers. We are hungry and humble, but we have high expectations. Joining ServiceNow is an opportunity to better yourself personally and professionally while solving real, 21st century enterprise computing challenges.
Expert-level experience and qualifications to be successful in this role include:
- 14+ years proven track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality messaging systems
- Experience working in a SaaS environment
- Experience leading Kafka architectural forums and sessions to define and develop best practices
- Experience leading and mentoring technical teams and junior engineers.
- High level of skill in communicating with all stakeholders: technical, management, staff through and senior leadership
- Expertise in designing, authoring, testing, and debugging code in a popular systems language such as Python, Go, Java, or Ruby
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.