In Connected Devices, we are solving some of the hardest IoT challenges today. We design, deploy and manage 1000s of smart camera systems (both in-car and body-cameras) used by 100s of law enforcement agencies around the globe. For example, our Fleet3 product enables law enforcement officers collect video evidence in addition to accurately performing Automatic License Plate Recognition (ALPR) in real-time using AI deep learning models deployed on device.
If you enjoy working on large-scale projects and collaboratively leading the technical direction of an engineering team, this role is for you. We believe that happy teams take good care of their customers, so we foster a friendly, open, introspective team culture that encourages everyone to speak their mind, aim far while delivering results that consistently delight our Customers.
You are a Staff Backend Software Engineer with experience building large-scale software applications. You have deep interest in backend technologies and platforms. You are excited about the care, feeding and growth of a high-availability, scalable cloud-based services and the engineering organizations that build them. You can instill new ideas into our engineering architecture and organization to help lead us into the next phase of scale and growth of our Connected Devices IoT platform.
Come work in an exciting environment where you use your passion, experience, and analytical skills to help bring new solutions to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world.
- Lead engineering architecture design reviews
- Set a high technical bar for the team through code and design reviews
- Mentor colleagues and provide technical input to leadership
- Work across Product, Design, and Engineering teams to solve complex technical challenges for our customers
- Improve our Engineering processes, including long-term planning, agile methodology, CI/CD, and software quality initiatives
- Build software that raises the bar for availability and latency in this mission-critical space
- Work with the latest open source technologies and toolchains
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering
- Ability to write beautiful, simple, maintainable code for backend micro-services
- Experience designing and delivering high-availability, scalable cloud-based systems and platforms
- Significant software development experience using managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar
- Deep skills in driving technical solutions across multiple teams
- Strong experience with database, especially SQL and Cassandra
- Ability to communicate technical concepts, in both written and verbal form, to a wide variety of audiences
- Mindset of continuous learning and development
- Experience working with IoT devices and Visual Sensor Networks
- Experience in real-time video system design including compression, image processing and playback.
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...