Principle Software Architect – Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure
The ServiceNow Service Engineering team is responsible for all aspects of Cloud Infrastructure through zero touch automation. We are looking for a leader to take us to the next level of Cloud infrastructure scale, performance and reliability through innovations and automation. This is a very strategic position for our company. We are seeking a Principle Software Architect – Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure. As a key member of the Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team, you will be responsible for architecting, building and managing the global cloud services and infrastructure that runs our SaaS product. This is an opportunity to be at the core of building a Cloud SaaS platform that will scale to millions of users!
Working closely with engineers and developers across the company, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Define the Architecture and roadmap for ServiceNow Hybrid (Private and Public) Cloud strategy
- Service benchmarking, performance analysis and capacity management
- Building software tools to automate infrastructure and release management
- Researching and managing the implementation of new tools and technologies
- Maintaining big-picture understanding of systems engineering services and touchpoints throughout the organization
- Designing scalable software and systems architecture to support customer growth
- Recommending code tuning/optimizations
An ideal candidate, will have:
- Deep experience with cloud platforms like Azure, AWS, GCP, OpenStack (hands on architecture and deployment experience IDEAL!)
- Strong background in Performance engineering and architecture, specifically with Cloud infrastructure, SaaS application, database, web and supporting server roles
- An understanding of the components of software defined infrastructure, including hardware platforms, operating systems, virtualization technologies
- Prior experience in software development/engineering, release management/DevOps tools and processes, and managing large-scale server infrastructure is highly desirable.
- Experience with tuning and scaling Java-based application servers
- Familiarity with virtualization and cloud infrastructure technologies
- A CS/EE degree or equivalent with 15+ years of proven, related experience is required
- 5+ yrs leading Cloud Infrastructure software development projects delivering high quality enterprise software
Desirable experiences (not required), include:
- Experience with ServiceNow Platform
- Experience working with a continuous integration continuous deployment environment
Actual title can be determined based on fitness. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment. Individuals who can distinguish themselves for their aptitude and attitude have significant opportunity to grow their career and influence at an industry leading software company. This position also comes with an opportunity to work with other talented, passionate developers.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.