About the Job
Illfonic is looking for an entry to mid-level programmer to work in Unreal Engine 4. Responsibilities include developing gameplay features for multiple projects and regularly play testing. The job requires some experience with C++, source control and a bachelors degree OR 4 years of relevant experience. Also, it helps to have experience with modern game platforms, multiplayer games, and to have a shipped title under your belt, but that’s all bonus points. Please include anything else that you think helps us understand how you can make IllFonic a better place to work!
Qualified applicants will need to send a resume as well as interview both over the phone and in person in order to be considered. We are looking for team players that are interested in growing with the company for many years to come.
Founded in 2007, IllFonic (IllFonic, LLC) is an independent video game developer with studios in Golden, Colorado; Tacoma, Washington; and Austin, Texas. Our staff is composed of video game, music, and technology veterans redefining how games are made and marketed. Titles and collaborations include Predator: Hunting Grounds, Friday the 13th: The Game, Dead Alliance, Star Citizen, Evolve, Armored Warfare, and Nexuiz.
- Debug gameplay/software issues that may arise
- Perform profiling, and develop optimization habits
- Implement designed gameplay features
- Take the initiative to identify, prioritize, call-out, and suggest solutions to problems both big and small.
- Regularly playtest builds and provide professional feedback to the team on how to improve our games.
- Share your thoughts about how to make the company a better place to work, improve the creative process, and help deliver better games.
- Bachelor’s degree OR 4 years software development experience
- Experience with source control
- Write fluent C++ code
- Strict use of code names and complete confidentiality of project information for as long as its required
- Experience with development of at least one shipped title
- Experience with modern game platforms (PC, Xbox One, PS4, Switch)
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience working on multiplayer games
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4