We are very happy to announce that we have officially re-opened our Ballard HQ office for voluntary use at 50% capacity! It's excellent to be seeing people in person and have the buzz going again. In order to maintain safety, comfort and flexibility, we currently offer most employees the choice between 3 work locations: HQ-first, Hybrid or Remote; if there are specific location needs, the job description will indicate that below. It is also important to note that we are only able to hire employees who are eligible to work and are based in the US.
We look forward to having you apply to join our team of Knockstars!
The QA Automation Engineer will be primarily working on crafting automated tests and maintaining the QA infrastructure. Day to day activities will involve writing and maintaining automation scripts, performing manual testing, definition, implementation, and execution of the jobs running the automated tests, monitoring the failures and communicating in case of failures.
This person will be responsible for prioritizing automated runs and increased improvements to the infrastructure and automation. Tasks performed will also include defining, creating, and maintaining test data as needed.
This position requires good technical and analytical skills to independently write and implement a variety of test cases/jobs spanning over multiple applications which are hosted in different platforms (web/mobile). This is a full-time role that can be based anywhere in the United States, but you must be willing to work pacific time zone hours.
The Product and Engineering teams together consist of 40 versatile and passionate team members, working to make Knock the best-in-class software product in the Multifamily real estate industry.
Our product covers a large surface - powering marketing automation, omnichannel communications, AI bots, sales and renewal CRM, agent and self-guided touring, tenant screening, sophisticated business intelligence capabilities, and much more. We use an agile development process, and lean heavily on standard methodologies around PR FAQ’s, PRD, UX research and usability testing, SDLC, etc. all to ensure we are maximizing product fit and execution.
Day to Day
- Increase confidence that our releases work as expected and do not have regressions
- Build and maintain test automation scripts, write test cases and perform manual testing
- Improve the capabilities of the test infrastructure, review automated runs and take appropriate actions
- Maintain the QA test infrastructure and monitor jobs in Jenkins
- Communicate any issues/failures in the infrastructure/automated runs
- Prior automation experience in both UI and API testing
- Eagerness to learn and automate functionalities as much as possible
- Experience in developing test cases for features/applications where prior documentation is not elaborate
- Shows the ability to collaborate with product and engineering teams
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proactive and decisiveness
Nice to Have
- Experience with testing applications with technical platforms such as Python/Angular/ React/iOS
- Jenkins experience is a huge plus
- Excellent documentation skills
- Jira experience
Why You'll Love It Here!
- You'll join a category-creating company that has enthusiastic customers, an ambitious roadmap, and industry leading products.
- You are comfortable trying new things and thinking in an unexpected way.
- You are looking to be part of an extraordinary team with solid infrastructure in place.
- You want an opportunity to win, inspire change and be in an environment that will optimize for your success.
- You adopt our set of core values - determination, excellence, trust, and community.
- Flexible work options - choose to be a HQ, Hybrid or Remote employee with various benefits.
- Competitive cash and equity compensation.
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees. Partial family coverage optional.
- Flexible time off & paid holidays.
- Parental leave program.
- 401k with company match to help you save for the future.
- Learning & Development assistance.
- We like to do fun things together (Virtual for now!) such as conferences, off site retreats, and happy hours.
We started Knock to solve problems we faced ourselves. One of those problems was that the process for renting an apartment hadn’t evolved at the same pace as technology. Our mission was to improve the experience for both apartment renters and managers.
We’ve developed an industry-defining SaaS platform, an intelligent front office platform providing the efficiency and business intelligence tools needed to maximize occupancy, rent growth, and customer happiness at every community. Our customers trust us to deliver the consumer experiences and business applications that are essential to their bottom line. The proof is in our 10x revenue growth over the past two years, in addition to our numerous industry awards.
In February 2021 we raised an additional $20 million in a growth funding round led by Fifth Wall, the largest venture capital firm passionate about the global real estate industry and the clear leader in PropTech investing. This investment, our largest fundraise to date, will be invested directly into further innovation on behalf of the incredible #multifamily industry: http://bit.ly/knock-5thwall
Past investors include Madrona Venture Group, Lead Edge Capital, Seven Peaks Ventures and Second Avenue Partners.
To be successful and recognized at Knock, you should naturally encompass our core values: Determination, Excellence, Trust and Community. We take these behaviors seriously and expect everyone to bring a positive Knockstar demeanor with them to work every day.
At Knock, we have a #oneteam philosophy. A big part of bringing new capabilities to life is to continue to bring in outstanding talent that works together toward a common goal. We’ve been especially fortunate to build an outstanding team that delivers real value to our customers each and every day. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We have been recognized over the past several years across multiple platforms as a best place to work. Most recently these awards have included:
Built In Seattle's 100 Best Places to Work (2021, 2022)
Built In Seattle's 50 Best Midsize Places to Work (2022)
Built In Seattle's 50 Best Small Places to Work (2020, 2021)
Best Places to Work Multifamily® (2021, 2022)
Best Places to Work Multifamily® for Women (2021, 2022)
Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2021)
NAA Best Places to Work - Suppliers (2020)
Knock is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other characteristics protected by applicable laws. We welcome all, and encourage all to apply!
Please know that due to the nature of our business and housing potentially sensitive data, a background check is required to join Knock. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants for employment with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
Knock uses the E-Verify employment verification program.