QA Engineer, Cloud
Do you like to break things just to see how meticulously they were constructed? Do you enjoy working closely with developers who share the responsibility to develop with uncompromising quality?
We are looking for people who have passion for building secure and scale-able systems that can operate in some of the largest and most demanding environments.
Have you perfected your manual testing approach but find betters ways via automation? Do you want a role that maintains a technical challenge but fosters your growth within the automation domain?
Think you have what it takes to build, test, and support components that will enable our team to innovate rapidly?
The ExtraHop platform is a novel approach to processing vast amounts of wire data in real-time. Want to join a collaborative team that builds solutions which provide deep performance insights, behavioral security analyses, and drive business analytics? Keep reading.
We are looking for the right people to join us as we design and build the most cutting-edge products in operational intelligence. We’re hiring engineers who want to code, not go to meetings—people with the skills and attention to detail to back up their ideas. We move quickly and have a passion for building elegant, scalable solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work on multi-discipline team to deliver tested features at the end of each sprint.
- Represent QA in every phase of an Agile sprint SDLC.
- Analyze requirements and acceptance criteria to generate appropriate test plans and test cases to minimize defects and risk.
- Write and execute test cases for either manual and/or automated execution.
- Participate in periodic release test passes which include new feature testing, regression testing, defect validation and release acceptance testing.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience with cloud/virtual technologies such as AWS, Azure, VMware, KVM, etc.
- Experience testing User Interfaces on various browsers including using debugging tools
- Ability to triage and generate detailed defect reports with
- Ability to analyze Acceptance Criteria and break that down into detailed test cases in the context of overall Test Plans
- Experience with a Defect Tracking system (i.e. JIRA, bugzilla)
- Love to learn
- Problem solver and creative thinker
- Detail oriented and works independently
- Team Player and a sense of humor
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Prior experience writing test cases using a test management system (i.e. TestRail, Zephyr, etc.)
- Experience using Linux/Unix based operating systems
- Familiar with programming concepts
- Familiarity with OSI Networking model (Layers 2-7)
- Relational database experience (Postgres/Oracle/MySQL)
At ExtraHop, we create great products because we give talented employees the freedom to be intellectually curious and creative. We seek a diversity of perspectives and foster employee quirkiness and spunk to help drive innovation. Every ExtraHop employee knows that we’re all in this together and that work is an important part of life so it should be fun. A sense of humor is required here, seriously!
We are the global leader with a novel approach to Security and IT Operational Analytics. Our market opportunity is greater than $20B and our solutions span all industries. Pretty neat, huh? If you want to join a fun team that produces award-winning products that provide tremendous business value and delight customers, then ExtraHop is the company for you!
Founded by engineers, ExtraHop is a Seattle-based technology company that delivers elegant solutions for the tech industry’s most challenging problems.
As a privately held fast-growing technology leader in the $20B IT operations management space, ExtraHop Networks is positioned to be the next great systems company. We are known as innovators who take a smart, creative approach to solving problems. Our ExtraHop team and product line have received many awards, including wins in multiple categories of Best of Interop, a Gold Medal prize in Puget Sound Business Journal’s annual list of Washington’s Best Workplaces, and several Gold Stevie American Business Awards.
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law