QA Engineer, Web
As the world’s leading SaaS platform for managing and automating collaborative work, Smartsheet is the best way for businesses to plan, collect, handle, automate, and report on work, enabling them move from idea to impact fast. Over 100,000 customers, and millions of information workers, trust Smartsheet to help them accelerate business execution, enhance collaboration and visibility, and empower individuals.
Smartsheet is seeking a QA Engineer who will support the Digital Marketing team in the creation of innovative and interactive digital experiences across website properties. This individual will work alongside a team of developers, designers and business stakeholders to ensure the quality of our website properties and customer experience, and verify what is built accurately represents the project intent.
This position will be located at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA and will report to the Lead QA Manager.
- Ensure new website features and projects maintain a high standard of quality and compatibility across browsers and devices
- Ensure work matches stakeholder intent - quality in design, proper customer and user experience, and stakeholder goals.
- Scaling capabilities through test automation, other tools, and people
- Supporting team in regular, timely and stable deployments
- Communicate with business stakeholders to update on issues/releases, and to fully understand business goals
- Identify, collect and/or create validation test data sets
- Provide estimation of effort to complete testing tasks related to sprints and larger waterfall projects
- Plan, create and execute detailed manual test scripts
- Thoroughly document the results of test cases and any defects encountered so they are easily understood. Provide complete information to replicate the issue
- Perform functional and regression testing
- Keep manager updated with status of tasks and make team aware of any issues or risks that may impact the delivery of a story or product release
- 3+ years of testing experience
- QA background with experience in creating and reviewing test plans and test cases.
- Project management skills, preferably with experience in an agile development environment.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Enthusiasm to dig into technical features, issues and specifications
- Creativity and initiative for improving product test coverage and effectiveness
- Skills in analyzing, diagnosing and solving complex problems
- Demonstrated self-motivation, self-management and flexibility to prioritize work
- Knowledge of QA methodologies, tools and test approaches
- Front end and back end web service testing
- Working knowledge of typical content management system architecture and workflows. (Drupal experience is a bonus)
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.