QAE / Software Engineer - R&D at Barn2Door
Barn2Door is a Seattle-based food+tech startup that helps local farms sell direct to buyers through all digital channels, including web, social and mobile. We exist to empower Farmers who care about our planet.
We are looking for people passionate about the intersection of food, agriculture, and technology. At Barn2Door, you’ll get to learn what it takes to build a startup business and participate in ongoing training and education, while also playing a critical role in our growth.
Unfortunately, at this stage, we are not able to provide visa sponsorship or relocation compensation for this position.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer who will manage exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. You will design and implement tests, debug and define corrective actions, review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts). Besides, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
We expect you to be able to build consistent and efficient tests delivering them in-time. You should also hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems.
- Prepare detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create and update test frameworks for automated testing
- Assist development team in adopting Test Driven Development approach
- Plan and coordinate testing activities, thoroughly identifying and documenting bugs
- Build and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Organize testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Review debugging process results
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Analyze the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Maintain relevant knowledge about new testing tools and test strategies
- Comfortable mentoring and collaborating with other engineers
- Comfortable in a dynamic (i.e., startup) work environment
- Comfortable in ambiguous situations
- A good communicator with the ability to express and share ideas to business leaders with a non-technical background
- Passionate about agriculture, the food industry, and / or e-commerce technology
- 2+ years' experience of working on a QA Engineer position
- Significant experience of working in software development teams and using software QA methodologies and tools
- Solid experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Significant experience with both white box and black box testing
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Good knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum development principles
- Experience with performance and/or security testing will be a bonus
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related area
- Annual salary DOE + stock options
- 10 days PTO, 5 days Sick Leave and 11 Paid Holidays
- 100% premium coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision and AD&D (Employee-only)
- Real experience in a high profile startup company just hitting its growth curve
- To work closely with all team members including executives
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Opportunity to be a rock star - great exposure and upside
- To grow your skill set and experience with end-to-end engineering influence and responsibilities
- Hip startup office environment on Eastlake (Lake Union)
We are looking for driven, intelligent people who regularly go the extra mile. You should thrive on the urgency of a startup atmosphere and be results driven (always seeking to exceed expectations). You must be well-disciplined, self-motivated and hungry to achieve. If you’ve got drive, grit, creativity, and a passion for local food, startups and disrupting the food industry - then Barn2Door may be right for you.