Quality Assurance Engineer
Smartsheet is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join the Business Data Platform team. The most successful candidate has a history of working with data pipelines or platforms, experience with identifying risks, automation and regression, and a passion to be a standout individual contributor. You have experience or a burning desire to help solve reporting challenges, creating automated pipelines, shoring up a test suite, diligently tracking coverage by defining and tracking quality metrics, assessing risk and/or creating tools to ease the deployment process. This position will work with a variety of technologies like Python, SQL, NoSQL, AWS cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, EC2, s3, load balancers and auto scaling just to name a few.
This position reports to the Manager of Business Data Platform and is based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Working with developers and business to design, document and execute test plans for individual feature areas including functional performance and integration testing
- Risk identification of data correctness and platform stability
- Identify the right areas to automate and contribute to automation efforts
- Work effectively with development and business counterparts
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of experience testing features, infrastructure and tools
- Strong understanding of QA processes and concepts including test case preparation and testing methodologies
- Light business acumen for working with external feature customers
- Quick learner with a strong drive for testing and becoming domain expert
- Experience with AWS Cloud Services, Airflow, Jenkins, unit testing frameworks
- Demonstrated self-motivation, self-management and flexibility to prioritize work
- Enthusiasm to dig into technical features, issues and specifications
- Existing data platform experience a strong plus
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.