Quality Assurance Engineer
Smartsheet is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team. The most successful candidate has a history of identifying and making improvements in QA and yet still has the ability, drive, and passion to be a standout individual contributor. As a black box tester you notice the details and have an instinct for quickly finding issues and accurately reporting them. At heart, you are a hands-on tester who eagerly meets new challenges, values the customer, and will be able to increasingly contribute to the success of our award winning software.
This position will be located at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA and will report to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Quickly learn and develop expertise in new and/or assigned test areas
- Own, identify, and prioritize the execution and results of manual test efforts
- Plan, write and update relevant QA documentation
- Identify the right areas to automate and contribute to automation efforts
- Be an advocate for our customers
- Work effectively with development and PM counterparts
- 3+ years of software test experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Proven experience with cloud-based applications
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Enthusiasm to dig into technical features, issues and specifications
- Creativity and initiative for improving product test coverage and effectiveness
- Skills in analyzing, diagnosing and solving complex problems
- Demonstrated self-motivation, self-management and flexibility to prioritize work
- Knowledge of QA methodologies, automation, tools and test approaches
- Front end and/or back end web service testing
- Working knowledge of browser developer tools and plug-ins
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.