React Native Developer at Geocaching HQ
About Geocaching HQ
We are the global headquarters for the game of geocaching. Our apps and Geocaching.com website allow a global community of more than 10 million people to join in a real-world treasure hunt.
Our mission (and yours should you choose to accept it) is to inspire and enable exploration, adventure, and community. Basically, everyone’s job here is to enable millions of people to have fun outside. How cool is that?
What you'll do:
As a React Native mobile app developer, you’ll contribute to a platform that enables people to create, share, and play interactive media rich location based experiences via their mobile device. You’ll work closely with a product manager and product designer to help define the product offering, advise on technical capabilities, prototype features, and convert mockups and wireframes into a functional React Native mobile app listed in the iOS and Android App Stores. You’ll collaborate with back end developers to define data contracts and APIs for interacting with the existing Geocaching ecosystem.
Qualifications + Required Skills:
- Front-end development within the React ecosystem (Hooks, Redux, Redux Saga, Redux Persist, Webpack, Flow, Jest)
- Working knowledge of Android and IOS development sufficient to link native libraries
- Write clean, readable, and unit testable code
- Consuming and defining RESTful APIs
- Proficiency using Git in an Agile development team setting
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Understanding of UX best practices and front-end UI design methodologies
- Committed to putting the user first
- Experience developing native applications with Objective C, Swift, Java, and/or Kotlin
- Visual Studio App Center continuous integration and distribution including codepush
- Experience working with localization/internationalization
- A strong interest or previous experience building an app from the ground up.
- Self-directed and uses independent judgment to plan, organize, and prioritize workload
- Desire to learn and a “quick study” with new concepts, systems and technologies
- Superb communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills
- Leads by example and exemplifies our values in actions and behaviors
- Exhibits tact and proper judgment under pressure and in sensitive situations
Physical Demands and Work Environment
As we navigate the situation around the current COVID-19 pandemic, Geocaching is first and foremost committed to the safety of all employees. We will continue to follow state and local guidance for the gradual re-opening of our offices. At this time, nearly all employees are working remotely. We’re anticipating that the React Native Developer role will also be remote for the time being.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain stationary for long periods of time. In this position, you must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire related job skills and perform other related work as required.
Geocaching HQ embraces a diverse and inclusive workplace. Authenticity is one of our core company values and we strive to celebrate our differences. We encourage everyone to apply.