Remote Software Developer III at Healthcare Management Administrators (HMA)
For over 30 years, HMA has been helping Pacific Northwest-based employers administer their own health plans. We believe that good healthcare should improve health, so we support companies in taking better care of their people by taking better care of them. Now is an excellent time to join HMA as our employees are combining purpose, passion, and experience in new and innovative ways to stay ahead of the healthcare curve. We offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, professional development opportunities and an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and fun team environment.
How YOU will make a Difference:
As a Software Developer at HMA, you will be part of the IT team and work closely with team members and end users on a number of exciting projects and programs that will have a positive impact on HMA’s business in both the short and long term.
What YOU will do:
- Review business requirements and ensure delivered products meet these requirements.
- Work with team on project lifecycle, including project scope, resources, schedule, development, and deployment to ensure success.
- Design and develop high performing, scaling, secure and innovative end-to-end web applications.
- Writes codes that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
- Maintain an excellent quality standard for products delivered to customers.
- Collaborates with other developers, team leads, business analysts and various IT teams to gather, curate and build applications that address business needs.
- Provides consultation to functional partners to support the design/development of systems.
- Provide maintenance and final-tier support for applications.
- Seek to automate workflows and data feeds that are currently done manually.
Knowledge, Experience, and Key Attributes needed for Success:
- Bachelor's Degree (Business, Information Systems (IS), Computer Science or related field) required.
- Excellent communication, strong problem solving, business analysis and sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills.
- 5-7 years of application development experience utilizing C#, ,Net, and SQL.
- Experience developing applications on cloud.
- Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
- Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience.
- Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary.
- Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision.
- Ability to collaborate and help others understand your differing points of view.
- Analyze and resolve medium to large, moderately complex production problems.
- Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry.
- Initiate a personal training plan, continue acquiring skills and knowledge, and become the best in your area.
How we Support your Work, Life, and Wellness Goals
We offer a comprehensive total rewards package including: competitive pay; annual incentive; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K retirement plan with match; generous PTO and holidays; an onsite gym facility; a gym subsidy; Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurances; an Employee Assistance Plan; free parking and easy freeway access to I-405 and I-520; a well-stocked kitchen on-site with subsidized snacks and refreshments; year-round wellness activities; the ability to earn a $500 wellness incentive; monthly events; paid volunteer hours and more!
HMA requires a background screen prior to employment.
Protected Health Information (PHI) Access Healthcare Management Administrators (HMA) employees may encounter protected health information (PHI) in the regular course of their work. All PHI shall be used and disclosed on a need-to-know-basis and according to HMA’s standard policies and procedures.
HMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer