RF Test Engineer
Pivotal Commware is the inventor of Holographic Beam Forming® (HBF), a patented breakthrough in electromagnetic physics that enables its Software Defined Antennas to harness, shape and direct radio waves so mobile carriers can maximize capacity, coverage and throughput on demand. HBF offers order-of-magnitude advantages over legacy beamforming systems in Cost, Size, Weight and Power consumption (C-SWaP) and is recognized as an essential element in the 5G ecosystem. 5G leadership is pivotal to the US economy, and 5G is Pivotal.
We are seeking an RF Test Engineer to assist us in the testing of novel RF/Microwave products. The RF Test Engineer will be responsible for working with the design, software, and manufacturing teams to perform & support integration, system, and acceptance testing. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about software automation and able to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment with a variety of prototype and production projects.
As RF Test Engineer at Pivotal Commware, you will:
● Perform RF measurements using industry standard measurement hardware such as VNAs, AWGs, oscilloscopes, power meters, etc.
● Work with cross-functional teams to plan, design, develop and implement RF measurement and analysis systems
● Support defect resolution and root cause analysis efforts through performing test and data analysis
● Perform integration, system, and acceptance testing of RF/Microwave antenna and radio systems and sub-assemblies
● Support continuous improvement of test fixturing, test setup, and test procedures
● Possess a broad willingness to help out with other duties as needed for project initiatives
Our ideal RF Test Engineer will have:
● 2+ years of experience in RF test and design
● Experience with RF/Microwave measurements using Power Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generator, Vector Network Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Power meters
● Knowledge of RF/Microwave test and design fundamentals
● Basic knowledge of Matlab, Python or other scripting language
● Self-motivation and ability to work independently
● Strong communication skills and ability to work in fast-paced engineering teams
● Willingness to learn new skills and measurement methods
● An Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent experience
● Experience developing automated test systems, basic RF assembly skills, and familiarity with electronically scanned antennas highly regarded
Pivotal was named among Washington’s Top 100 Places to Work in 2018 & 2019 and has attracted $40M in investment. At Pivotal you’ll join a team experienced in advanced communications, commercial antennas, RF circuit design, machine learning and active/nonlinear metamaterials. If you want to apply yourself to this fascinating endeavor, then we’d like to hear from you!
APPLY NOW or learn more about us and HBF at PivotalCommware.com
Pivotal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Read Full Job Description