We are very happy to announce that we have officially re-opened our Ballard HQ office for voluntary use at 50% capacity! It's excellent to be seeing people in person and have the buzz going again. In order to maintain safety, comfort and flexibility, we currently offer most employees the choice between 3 work locations: HQ-first, Hybrid or Remote; if there are specific location needs, the job description will indicate that below. It is also important to note that we are only able to hire employees who are eligible to work and are based in the US.
We look forward to having you apply to join our team of Knockstars!
We are looking for a Risk Director to take our Security and Privacy Programs to the next level. As the owner of these programs, we are looking for an experienced professional who can design, implement, and monitor controls to protect our cloud infrastructure, web and mobile apps, corporate environment, and headquarters.
You will have a strong influence on our products, processes, and infrastructure and you will be responsible for keeping our data, and the data we are entrusted with, safe. As we scale, we expect you to build a team and ensure Knock leads the multifamily real estate industry in security and privacy.
The Operations & Risk team at Knock is tasked with optimizing and securing infrastructure, processes, and service providers. Operating across the business, roles on this team produce an outsized impact on business performance and risk while regularly partnering on interesting projects from architecture modernization to product risk management.
Day to Day
- Champion best-practice software development through deploying tools, setting standards, and providing training
- Demonstrate our security and privacy diligence through engagements with customers and the multifamily real estate industry
- Directly engage with engineers by reviewing architecture, configuration, and logs to provide actionable security and privacy feedback
- Lead threat modeling exercises to improve security awareness and identify weaknesses within applications and systems
- Consult with non-technical teams, such as human resources and customer support, on security and privacy matters, and to ensure compliance with chosen standards
- Assess the security and privacy practices of third-party service providers
- Respond to reported security and privacy events; determine if an incident has occurred and lead the response efforts
- Level up our security and privacy programs in alignment with recognized standards, such as ISO 27001 and Privacy Shield
- Deploy, configure, and monitor security tooling, including a SIEM, IDS/IPS, and full-stack vulnerability management tools
- Manage security and privacy risk in alignment with a recognized framework, such as ISO 27005, NIST 800-30 and 800-37, or CIS RAM
- Design and coordinate the security of our corporate headquarters
- Run company-wide and role-specific security and privacy education programs
- Identify, track, and report on key performance indicators relevant to security and privacy program effectiveness
- Partner with HR and Recruiting to add additional team members to scale security and privacy as the business grows
- 3+ years of information security program design and/or leadership experience
- 5+ years of application, infrastructure, and/or network design and administration
- 2+ years of privacy program design and/or work
- Experience securing cloud-first environments
- Expertise engaging and interacting with customers and auditors
- Experience designing programs to meet compliance requirements; namely, SOC 2, PCI, ISO 27001, and Privacy Shield
- Security-related certifications, e.g. CISM, CISSP, CRISC
- Privacy-related certifications a plus, e.g. CIPP/US, CIPP/E
- Cloud-related certifications a plus, e.g. AWS CSA, AWS CSS
We started Knock to solve problems we faced ourselves. One of those problems was that the process for renting an apartment hadn’t evolved at the same pace as technology. Our mission was to improve the experience for both apartment renters and managers.
We’ve developed an industry-defining SaaS platform, an intelligent front office platform providing the efficiency and business intelligence tools needed to maximize occupancy, rent growth, and customer happiness at every community. Our customers trust us to deliver the consumer experiences and business applications that are essential to their bottom line. The proof is in our 10x revenue growth over the past two years, in addition to our numerous industry awards.
In February 2021 we raised an additional $20 million in a growth funding round led by Fifth Wall, the largest venture capital firm passionate about the global real estate industry and the clear leader in PropTech investing. This investment, our largest fundraise to date, will be invested directly into further innovation on behalf of the incredible #multifamily industry: http://bit.ly/knock-5thwall
Past investors include Madrona Venture Group, Lead Edge Capital, Seven Peaks Ventures and Second Avenue Partners.
To be successful and recognized at Knock, you should naturally encompass our core values: Determination, Excellence, Trust and Community. We take these behaviors seriously and expect everyone to bring a positive Knockstar demeanor with them to work every day.
At Knock, we have a #oneteam philosophy. A big part of bringing new capabilities to life is to continue to bring in outstanding talent that works together toward a common goal. We’ve been especially fortunate to build an outstanding team that delivers real value to our customers each and every day. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We have been recognized over the past several years across multiple platforms as a best place to work. Most recently these awards have included:
Built In Seattle's 100 Best Places to Work (2021, 2022)
Built In Seattle's 50 Best Midsize Places to Work (2022)
Built In Seattle's 50 Best Small Places to Work (2020, 2021)
Best Places to Work Multifamily® (2021, 2022)
Best Places to Work Multifamily® for Women (2021, 2022)
Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2021)
NAA Best Places to Work - Suppliers (2020)
Knock is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other characteristics protected by applicable laws. We welcome all, and encourage all to apply!
Please know that due to the nature of our business and housing potentially sensitive data, a background check is required to join Knock. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants for employment with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
Knock uses the E-Verify employment verification program.