Salesforce Developer I - Media Solutions
Expedia Media Solutions, the advertising arm of Expedia Inc., offers industry expertise and digital marketing solutions that allow brands to reach, engage and influence its qualified audience of travelers around the world. Through its network of leading travel brands and global points of sale, we provide partners with insights about traveler behaviors during every stage of the purchase journey, along with dynamic advertising solutions, to deliver strategic campaigns and measurable results. For more information, visit advertising.expedia.com.
There are two distinct instances of Salesforce in Media Solutions and we are re-imagining, re-designing, and re-engineering the way Salesforce is evolving within our Brand. We are looking for a passionate, tech-savvy and well-rounded person who loves code and integrations to join our crusade. As a smaller team within Expedia there is a lot of room for creativity in this role; you will wear many hats and have a very visible role in our organization. You will be a champion for scalable solutions and help minimize technical debt.
Are you a self-starter who can manage multiple tasks and projects at a time?
Do you enjoy leading the work you're doing end to end, prioritizing quickly and effectively, and you thrive in a dynamic but a variable environment?
Are you able to perform under stress, and meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines within short time constraints?
Do you have a flexible attitude with an eagerness to learn and grow from the team around you? If you are a Salesforce Developer with 5+ years of experience with Salesforce or another leading CRM application - consider a career with Expedia.What you will do:
Specializing in force.com development and hands-on programming, you will have the opportunity to develop new solutions and integrations and responsible for bug fixes on existing functionality. You will support a diverse group of business partners in all phases of Salesforce development: planning, development, integration, delivery and support.
- Design, develop, debug, and modify components of existing SFDC applications and supporting technologies
- Collaborate with the Technology Lead to understand and translate the complex business requirements into logical, component-based technical development, and you will help drive resolution of bugs/issues/hot-fixes
- Solve integration issues and apply new solutions to the existing integrations
- Supply technical insight to daily support issues
- Continuously strive to learn new development methodologies and technologies and show a clear passion to grow within and beyond the role
- You have a minimum of 2 to 3 years of Object orientated programming experience, with at least one year of Salesforce Development experience
- You have experience in Lightning or Visualforce development, APEX, Force.com platform, SOQL, SOSL and understanding of Salesforce Governor Limits
- You have some proficiency with web-services, APIs, integration patterns and tools
- You have some experience carrying out ETL data jobs using standard data-loader tools or developing batch jobs
- You are flexible and work well within a team and autonomously, with the ability to work well under pressure and handle evolving deadlines
- You don't shy away seeking development guidance from more senior team members and you enjoy coaching less experienced team members to help them grow.
You have working knowledge and/or some proficiency using some of the tools of the trade as below:
- Web development tools (Eclipse IDE, APEX Data Loader, Git, Salesforce DX or Intelli/Sublime)
- Experience with one or more middle-ware technologies and integration tools (Boomi, Informatica, MuleSoft)
- Working knowledge of AWS storage services and app development tools (S3, EC2, .NET, Python, etc.)
- Salesforce Platform Developer I and/or II Certification(s)
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. As the world's travel platform, we're made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating a versatile work environment with a diverse workforce. All q
ualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.