Salesforce Software Developer II
Expedia Media Solutions, the advertising arm of Expedia Group, offers industry expertise and digital marketing solutions that allow brands to reach, engage and influence its qualified audience of travelers around the world. Through our network of leading travel brands and global points of sale, we provide partners with insights about traveler behaviors during every stage of the purchase journey, along with dynamic advertising solutions, to deliver strategic campaigns and measurable results. For more information, visit advertising.expedia.com.
There are two distinct instances of Salesforce in Media Solutions and we are re-imagining, re-designing, and re-engineering the way Salesforce is evolving within our Brand. We are looking for a passionate, tech-savvy and well-rounded person who loves code and integrations to join our crusade. As a smaller team within Expedia there is a lot of room for creativity in this role; you will wear many hats and have a very visible role in our organization. You will be a champion for scalable solutions and help minimize technical debt.
Are you a self-starter who can manage multiple tasks and projects at a time?
Do you enjoy owning the work you're doing end to end, prioritizing quickly and effectively, and you thrive in a dynamic but a variable environment?
Are you able to perform under stress, and meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines within short time constraints?
Do you have a flexible attitude with an eagerness to learn and grow from the team around you? If you are a Salesforce Developer with 5+ years of experience with Salesforce or another leading CRM application - consider a career with Expedia.
What you will do:
Specializing in force.com development and hands-on programming, you will have the opportunity to develop new solutions and integrations and responsible for bug fixes on existing functionality. You will support a diverse group of business partners in all phases of Salesforce development: planning, development, integration, delivery and support.
- Design, develop, debug, and modify components of existing SFDC applications and supporting technologies
- Translate the complex business requirements into logical, component-based technical designs; and drive resolution of bugs/issues
- Solve integration issues and apply new solutions to the existing integrations
- Participate in architecture and design discussions to promote consistency to development methodologies
- Mentor and provide development guidance to more junior team member
- Supply technical insight to daily support issues
- Drive consistent quality across the platform to help us scale our business
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years previous development experience with Salesforce.com or a market-leading Cloud-based CRM application
- You have experience in Lightning and Visualforce development and the capability of dealing and developing solutions overcoming the Salesforce Governor Limits
- You have detailed knowledge of Salesforce.com architecture, proficient in technical analysis and object-oriented programming; you like to keep yourself up-to-date with new technologies and development tools
- You have strong Apex/Lightning /Visualforce experience
- You have experience designing solutions with the Salesforce API (REST/SOAP/MetaData, etc.)
- You have demonstrable experience with one or more middle-ware technologies and integration tools (Boomi, Informatica, MuleSoft)
- You are comfortable communicating with all levels within the organization
- You possess flexibility to work within a team as well as autonomously
- You work well within deadlines and have patience managing evolving deadlines
What is preferred, but not essential:
- You have working knowledge of AWS storage services and app development tools (S3, EC2, .NET, Python, etc.)
- You have some knowledge or proficiency with Order Management Systems and Integration practices
- You are familiar with digital advertising
- Salesforce Platform Developer I and/or II Certification(s) is a PLUS
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. As the world's travel platform, we're made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating a versatile work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.