SDET - Cloud Connect
In this role, you will be responsible for functional, performance, and integration testing by creating automated test cases to ensure world class quality of Avalara products. You will be responsible for understanding requirements and designing test cases from the requirements. You will be working closely with product and developer teams on a day to day basis. You will be the voice of the customer within the organization, demanding zero defects, five nine’s reliability and ease of use.
- Responsible for automated testing throughout agile development iterations to ensure zero defects
- Participate in sprint planning, providing input on required testing tasks, process, and associated effort for the selected user stories
- Work closely with product team to create test cases from user stories
- Analyze customer bugs and work on repro and provide developers with a possible way to fix it
- Contribute towards continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Responsible for creating performance and load tests and create report on performance impact for every release
- Participate in code reviews for both the developer and SDET teams
- Be a key participant in creating a Quality First and Zero Defects culture.
- Work closely with the Operations team to come up with plans for deployment and provide all the support needed for uptime.
Qualifications (absolute must haves walking in the door)
- A minimum of 3 years related work experience creating automated test cases, test plans and code coverage
- Strong coding skills with experience in object oriented languages such as C# or Java
- Experience working on RESTful web services
- Experience using Github and Jenkins (or similar)
- A strong background with SQL
- Experience understanding complex requirements and designing test plans
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
Preferred Qualifications (great to have but not absolutely necessary)
- Knowledge of working on AWS systems (or similar)
- Knowledge of working on Jenkins (or similar)
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.