At DreamBox, we’re passionate about our mission to radically transform the way the world learns. We believe all children can excel at learning, no matter where they start, where they live, or who they are. Today, our Intelligent Adaptive Learning™ platform – with its rigorous math curriculum and game-based environment – is helping nearly 5 million students and 200k educators improve math achievement and build a love of math at the same time. And as a rapidly growing tech company, we are just getting started. Come help us make a difference at DreamBox Learning.
About the Role
As an SDET you will work very closely with our development team to understand the architecture of our existing product and services under development. You will review and contribute to the overall test strategy and quality of the product and services. In conjunction with dev, you will be designing and implementing tooling that will allow for efficient and comprehensive testing. The ideal candidate is someone who not only loves testing – but knows how to make it actionable; who enjoys identifying roadblocks to efficiencies and replacing them with automation; has a driving curiosity to discover what works, why, and an unrelenting desire to improve results and efficiencies.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work closely with developers as peers to understand the underlying architecture and code changes to create test strategies across different layers of the application
- Create and maintain validation environments and infrastructure on AWS in a Mac OS X/Linux environment
- Automate newly integrated features and develop toolsets to augment QA and Development testing
- Perform continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression suites
- Communicate test status and needs accurately and effectively across teams
- Create deployment plan and oversee release of features to our production systems
- Monitor the production application to help inform the next iteration of changes to our end user experiences
- Firmly and passionately advocate for our customers
- 3+ years of testing and automation experience
- Strong technical skills with expertise in an object-oriented programming language (preferably Java)
- We use AWS extensively, so experience with AWS technologies (RDS, RedShift, Kinesis, Dynamo, etc.) will help you hit the ground running
- This is a highly collaborative role; must be able and willing to work closely with developers and other quality engineers on design & review of each other’s work
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience testing applications built with a Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with open source automation tools is a plus
- Experience testing on multiple device types (iPad, Chromebook, etc.) is a plus
At DreamBox, we are hooked on celebrating diversity & providing an inclusive workplace and it shows throughout our product, brand, and teams. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Thanks for considering DreamBox Learning!
Read Full Job Description