At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
9,000+ organizations worldwide and more than 80% of the Fortune 100 rely on the Qualtrics Experience Management Platform™ to collect, analyze, and act on feedback—more feedback than they ever thought possible. With Qualtrics XM, organizations can manage the four core experiences of business—customer, employee, product, and brand experience. Organizations can be at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict what will resonate most with customers and employees.
Qualtrics has grown exponentially and that growth means constantly evaluating how we secure systems, identifying potential threats, and implementing the tooling necessary that will help us maintain a strong security posture at scale. We are looking for an engineer to join our security development team who can work with others across the organization, analyze systems, and implement technical solutions that improve our ability to identify, stop, and respond to potential threats.
What success will look like in this role
A successful engineer in this role will have a degree in computer science or similar degree with an interest and/or focus on security and 4+ years of relevant experience is ideal. You want to lean in and help the organization be secure without slowing people down. Stopping the bad guys is what it's all about for you. You are as comfortable on the command line as you are in a GUI, if not more so. Experimenting with existing tools or creating new ones to help secure our infrastructure makes everyday exciting for you.
A Day in the Life
- Build tools to help detect malicious abuse or anomalous behavior
- Implement solutions to handle authentication/authorization between services.
- Empower engineers to own the security of their products through self-service tools
- Build tools and integrations to automate processes and improve our incident response
- Detect, investigate, and analyze potential threats identified by our Security Operations Center. This includes building tools needed to do this effectively
- Improve centralized identity access management tools
- Identify and implement new technologies and processes to improve security
- Identify and analyze anomalies leveraging a log management solution. (e.g. splunk, sumo logic, elastic, OSSEC)
- Maintaining security development services
- Administration of security infrastructure
Some technologies we leverage to accomplish our goals - Python!!!, Linux, Docker, Puppet/Hiera, Bash, and Nomad We leverage metrics and log search systems heavily for visibility and alerting. Use the best tool/platform for the job, this includes adding to the existing tech stack.