Security Engineer III, Conversation Platform at Expedia Group
Are you a Security professional with a passion for architecting and operationalizing outstanding security practices? Are you passionate about bringing your cyber security know-how to help a hardworking development team implement cutting-edge security solutions?
Consider joining Expedia’s Conversation Platform and Customer Engagement team of developers and cloud engineers!
As a Security Engineer III at EG, you’ll have an opportunity to showcase your security expertise and foster the adoption of world-class security practices and policies.
This role focuses on protecting the Conversation Platform, Expedia’s cloud-based omni-channel virtual agent application, an integral part of traveler support used by customers, agents and partners alike through hundreds of millions of conversations every year.
What you'll do
- Work with a team of cloud engineers to assess threats and vulnerabilities and devise a strategy to mitigate those risks to achieve measurable vulnerability reduction.
- Build a strategy for security that uses automation to improve efficiency and embeds security into our tools and processes.
- Act as a trusted source who demonstrates the value of the adoption of security policies and practices through responsive engagement of the right people at the right time.
- Drive the adoption of vulnerability management practices that support “security by default”.
- Collaborate with application development teams to identify potential security risks earlier in the development cycle and provide mentorship on implementing secure code.
- Help teams remain in compliance and navigate the audit process, through your knowledge of PCI, SOX and GDPR
- Evangelize the security approach and work with teams to accept and participate in premier security architecture and operations
Who you are
- Data driven, able to analyze data needed to optimally measure progress against the execution of objectives
- Able to craft systems and convey technical information in an understandable way that generates results
- A troubleshooter who proactively removes roadblocks and pursues solutions to problems that stand in the way of vulnerability reduction
- Possess effective project management skills (task identification, prioritization, and documentation)
- A proficient communicator able to work across the organization to improve the security culture within CPCE and report to senior leadership on security-related matters
- Knowledgeable in AWS and cloud security with a solid understanding of microservices architecture
- Knowledge of components of information security and compliance preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of cyber security experience, 8+ is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, or related field or comparable work experience
- AWS cloud architect certification desirable
- CISSP, CISM or other security recognition desirable
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.