Security Engineer, SecOps
At Remitly, we're helping people send over $6 billion around the globe motivated by our mission to deliver on our promise to immigrants sending money across the world.
As a Security Engineer at Remitly, you are the first line of defense protecting our customers and systems from attackers, fraudsters, and malicious actors. We use cutting edge languages, tools, and frameworks to build applications and services to keep our customers safe.
Successful engineers use their expertise to research and understand new and emerging threats and build tools and service to keep a watchful eye on our environments and sensitive data. You will work across teams to truly understand the potential threats that evolve with ever-growing technology stacks in a highly dynamic organization. You’ll lean on your experience to identify gaps and implement solutions to close them and make our customers and your coworkers’ lives safer and more secure. You also understand that security is an “everybody” problem and are empathetic and accommodating while helping the organization chip in to improve our security posture. Most meaningfully, you understand that building customer trust is essential to Remitly’s success and you are passionate about customer privacy and maintaining the trust that has been placed in us.
As part of the Security Team you will:
- Build tools and services to help us identify and respond to potential threats.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Infrastructure, and IT counterparts to improve application, data, network, and infrastructure security.
- Triage and oversee patching and remediation of vulnerabilities. Automate where applicable.
- Work with the security community at large to better address common threats including:
- Attending Security conferences on Remitly’s behalf.
- Publishing documentation, reviews, and technical articles.
- Presenting research and applicable findings to enhance the security community.
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer, with 2+ years spent in an Information Security role.
- Familiarity with Linux systems administration or DevOps experience.
- Experience working with AWS or another cloud providers.
- Familiarity with generally-accepted security methods, concepts, and techniques.
Nice to have
- BS/MS Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- Familiarity with at least one compliance regimen preferred (e.g. PCI-DSS, SOC 2, ISO 27001).
Who we are:
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more clear on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and inspiring teams to own business decisions and outcomes. Does this sound like the place for you? Join us!
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer