Security Engineer, Threat Detection and Response
The Security Team is responsible for the security of Remitly and its products, both externally and internally facing. Security Engineers build tools and services to bolster the security of Remitly and its products ultimately helping us provide the most trustworthy and secure remittance product on the planet.
The Threat Detection and Response role is a new role on the Security team and will be dedicated to building and implementing a world-class Security Incident Response toolset. You will do this by developing new tools to aggregate valuable security data and correlate events across multiple systems, which will increase visibility into our network and improve the signal to noise ratio for security events.
As part of the Security Team you will:
- Build tools and services to help us identify and respond to potential threats.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Infrastructure, and IT counterparts to improve application, data, network, and infrastructure security.
- Work with the security community at large to better address common threats including:
- Attending Security conferences on Remitly’s behalf.
- Publishing documentation, reviews, and technical articles.
- Presenting research and applicable findings to enhance the security community.
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer, with 2+ years spent in an Information Security role.
- 3+ years developing, implementing, and managing log and metric aggregation and correlation tools. Experience with Elasticsearch and Prometheus preferred.
- Experience developing SIEMs or other tools that ingest data from multiple disparate sources.
- Experience with logging and metrics tools like Elasticsearch, Prometheus, etc.
- Experience working with AWS or another cloud providers.
- Experience with Linux systems administration or DevOps experience.
- Familiarity with generally-accepted security methods, concepts, and techniques.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
Nice to have
- BS/MS Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- Familiarity with at least one compliance regimen preferred (e.g. PCI-DSS, SOC 2, ISO 27001, etc.).
Who we are:
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more clear on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and inspiring teams to own business decisions and outcomes. Does this sound like the place for you? Join us!
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer