Security Engineer, Vulnerability Management at Expedia Group
Are you a Security professional with a passion for architecting and operationalizing outstanding security practices? Consider joining a team of Security professionals who are focused and dedicated! The Vulnerability Management Security Engineer at Expedia Group is a role that showcases your security expertise and allows you to impact the adoption of premier security practices and policies.
This role focuses on protecting the EG Brand and is an integral part of the global security team that is responsible for securing Expedia’s travel platform that supports $99 billion worth of bookings a year!
What you'll do
- Your responsibilities include identification of gaps and the positive resolution of problems which result in measurable vulnerability reduction.
- You will be a trusted source who demonstrates the value of the adoption of security policies and practices through responsive engagement of the right people at the right time.
- Within EG Security, you'll be entrusted with driving EG wide adoption of vulnerability management practices that support Security by Default.
- You will collaborate with application and information systems teams, provide reports, analysis and steps to support compliance and security posture improvement.
- You will engage with teams to accept and participate in world-class security architecture and operations.
Who you are
- You are data driven, able to analyze data needed to optimally measure progress against the execution of objectives
- You can convey technical information in an understandable way that generates results
- You are a troubleshooter who proactively removes roadblocks and pursues solutions to problems that stand in the way of vulnerability reduction
- Possess effective project management skills (task identification, prioritization, and documentation)
- Are a self-starter with a willingness to learn and adapt with the pace of work environment
- Familiarity and experience with management level reporting
- Able to simplify security and technical concepts for business and technology teams
- Detail-oriented and proficient in written and oral communications
- Knowledge of components of information security and compliance preferred
Additionally you'll have
- A minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience, 5+ is preferred; however, all equivalent experience will be considered
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, or related field or comparable work experience required
- Familiarity and Experience with: SQL, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Visio
- CISSP, CSNA or other security recognition desirable
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.