Security Operations Center Engineer
Unity is building a new Security Operations Center (SOC) from the ground up. We’re seeking someone with a combination of skill sets: designing, implementing, and administering the SOC stack, as well as the ability to monitor and respond to SOC events. We are going to be using Elastic Stack (ELK); other than that, almost all design decisions are still waiting to be made!
This is your chance to have a major role in architecting a SOC for a billion-dollar revenue technology company, as well as responding to incidents for a grateful and supportive internal customer base.
- Meaningfully contribute to design of SOC tools and procedures
- Implement SOC infrastructure, beginning with ELK stack
- Day-to-day Ops monitoring and responding to events
- Experience monitoring and responding to events in a SOC
- Experience both implementing and administering the ELK stack
- Ability to understand and make use of vulnerability data (CVEs, OWASP, etc.)
- Proficiency with Linux system administration, including storage, networks, and software
- Proficiency with one or more scripting languages, such as Python or Ruby
- Working knowledge of fundamental Internet protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, etc.)
- Experience with GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience building a SOC (designing procedures, prioritizing, etc.)
- Experience with Kubernetes deployment
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of SQL, NoSQL and database design
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.