Senior Application Developer at ServiceNow
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
Come join the Config Data Management Engineering team and work with a talented group of engineers in re-platforming the Sweagle application which brings a new and innovative solution to managing IT configuration data in ServiceNow.
As a Senior Application Developer, you will build elegant solutions to complex problems in storing, manipulating and validating large volumes of configuration data for enterprise customers.
What you get to do in this role:
- You will join a team that takes pride in building extensible and resilient engineering solutions at scale on the ServiceNow platform
- You will work closely with product managers and creative designers to design state of the art solutions and customer experiences for complex real-world problems
- You will play a key role in the design and implementation of new products and features
- You will contribute to the architecture of the system and create detailed technical designs for features.
- You will develop high quality, fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
- You will identify performance bottlenecks, recommend and implement solutions to improve performance.
- You will troubleshoot problems encountered by customers and provide resolutions.
- You will support and develop junior engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 8+ years of experience in architecture, design and development of enterprise-grade applications in a high transaction environment.
- Passionate about good UI/UX and building software that delights the end user while satisfying the business need
- Expert in building RESTful services, and data exchange formats as XML and JSON.
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Algorithms and Data Structures.
- Solid experience with open source technologies Linux, Apache, Selenium.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB).
- Excellent debugging skills including performance, testing, and problem-solving.
- Solid understanding and experience with agile software development lifecycle.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to communicate complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical teams.
- Passion for software development, problem-solving, and learning new technologies.
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.