Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Come join us and use your talents for good
Are you passionate about technology and do you want to make a difference in people's lives? Do you care about public safety? Axon’s mission is to Protect Life. Axon products focus on reducing social conflict, obsoleting the bullet, and accelerating truth and justice. That motivates us every single day. Why not join us to bring new technologies to public-safety and leave a positive impact on the world?
We cultivate an environment that favors team work, initiative, and creative thinking. If you have the passion and the technical skills, you will fit right in.
Participate in the design, implementation and operation of critical evidence.com services to manage, configure and retrieve data from a variety of connected devices including tasers and body cameras. Be part of a mission driven team which values performance, high quality and reliability.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and impactful feedback
- Develop microservices from initial design to final deployment
- Make feature enhancements to existing services
- Work with partners in other disciplines and other teams to drive collaborative efforts
- Participate in design and code reviews with colleagues
- Mentor junior developers
- A minimum of 5 years experience in software development, with a focus on distributed systems at larger scale
- Excellent programming skills and flexibility with a variety of frameworks
- Solid understanding of software methodologies, tools and processes
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues in the office and remote locations
- A passion for quality, reliability and high performance
- Solid communication skills
- Java, Scala or Golang programming experience. C/C++ and/or C# as well
- Familiarity with Kafka and other OSS projects in support of distributed systems
- Strong Linux experience
- Experience with containerization and Kubernetes a plus
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description