Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
We are solving some of the hardest cloud challenges today. We manage tens of petabytes of video from hundreds of thousands of officers around the world. Our solutions enhance the value of this evidence for law enforcement, the courts, and the public. The Evidence Management team is working on some of the most critical digital evidence platform and product extensions for this year and beyond. If you enjoy working on greenfield projects and collaboratively leading the technical direction of a team, this role is for you.
We believe that happy teams take good care of their customers, so we foster a friendly, open, introspective team culture that encourages everyone to speak their mind and deliberately avoids red tape, unnecessary rituals, politics, and jerks.
You are a Senior Backend Software Engineer with experience building large-scale software applications. You have deep interest in backend technologies. You are excited about the care, feeding and growth of a high-availability, scalable cloud-based systems.
Come work in an exciting environment where you use your passion, experience, and code craftsmanship to help bring new solutions to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience building complex and impactful software in a team environment
- Backend service experience in managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar
- Familiarity with databases, especially SQL and Cassandra
- You influence your peers, advise senior leaders, coach and mentor junior team members
- You love delighting end customers and hunger for novel challenges
- Experience designing and delivering high-availability, scalable cloud-based systems
- You write beautiful, simple, maintainable APIs for web applications
- Interest in managing a small team of developers
- Able to work side by side with product managers and other engineers to create a technical backlog to build product experiences that customers love
- You are passionate about quality design, code, tools and architectures
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- An encouraging parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.