We believe travel enriches our lives and connects us to each other. Our Expedia Flights team is dedicated to building experiences that help travelers like you go places and makes our world more connected. We are a distributed team with representation in the United States, Mexico, Australia and India. Our Flights Shopping Platform is one of the largest in the world serving over 150 million queries a day and powering some of the strongest brands in the industry like Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Wotif, Hotwire and ebookers. Expedia redefined the airline industry with its flight shopping and booking technology 20 years ago. We always want to “be the place travelers choose to explore and book flights for a trip” and are looking for talent to join us and build technology and experiences that power these.
What you'll do:
- Lead, influence, and be a contributor across our entire technology team while acting as an area specialist for your team and flight search services.
- Participate in the continued evolution of Best Fare Search and flight search services for Expedia Group.
- Design for high-performance, highly scalable, and reliable server applications in our data center and the cloud.
- Produce production quality code and have a strong eye for the operational aspects of the platform such as performance tuning, monitoring, and fault-tolerance.
- Design, interpret, analyze and work with large amounts of data to identify issues and patterns.
- Contribute to advancing the team’s design methodology and quality programming practices.
- Technical ownership of critical flight search systems and services from inception through operating in production.
Who you are:
- At least 4+ years of industry experience in a variety of contexts, during which you’ve built remarkably scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant systems
- Expertise in solving large scale flight search problems a plus
- Outstanding coding skills in C++, Java and proficiency with XML and SQL
- Experience working in a cloud or virtual environment
- Expertise with continuous integration/delivery and demonstrating a dev ops approach
- Previous experience delivering data insights by querying datasets in a Big Data environment (Hadoop, SQL, AWS Aurora, S3 etc.) and performing real-time streaming analytics
- Production focus: previous history of being hands on in solving critical production issues that affect our valued customers and drive those insights back into the product in true dev ops style
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.