Senior Cloud DevOps Manager at ServiceNow
ServiceNow, The Enterprise Cloud Company, is the industry-leading cloud platform provider for building enterprise applications. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. Our cloud platform allows enterprise IT to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for drivers—people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them, not behind them. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out.
In this role, you will be responsible for building and leading a team of engineers in designing, developing and supporting next generation of our cloud services. This role will require you to interface with various teams(technical and business), understand their business needs and deliver highly reliable and easy to use solutions that enhance business efficiency. The successful candidate will have an established background in designing scalable systems and developing mission critical software solutions with a strong technical ability, excellent project management and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- Manage global teams of engineers and managers to scale and grow the organization for efficiency and delivery.
- Follow or implement best practices to increase the quality & velocity of deployments
- Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing throughout the engineering team
- Build and test code continuously with scripting and programming languages
- Implement automation, effective monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code
- Deploy and maintain critical applications on cloud-native microservices architecture
- Measure performance and environment of application with system & application log tools
- Deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments
- Deploy applications via automation with configuration management tools
- Collaborate with Engineering teams, system admin/operators and other team members to manage code releases
- Prioritize issues and bring them to resolution
- Manage customer escalations
- Provide technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
- B.S or M.S in Computer Science or equivalent with 15yrs of experience in a Cloud SaaS or PaaS environment.
- 8+ years’ experience managing DevOps / Operations of Enterprise applications with increasing responsibilities
- Ability to handle customer escalations & multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A passion for people management and mentorship; hiring and developing technical leaders
- Able to balance technical leadership with sound business judgment.
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong and proven ability to hire top talent and build out winning teams
- A strong track record of managing global teams in a cloud environment and demonstrated improvements in efficiency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Experience in delivering projects using ML and AI technologies
- Minimum 3 years of experience in ServiceNow platform
- Experience with cloud platforms like Amazon, Azure and/or Google Cloud
- Exposure to DevOps Products
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.