Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at Expedia Group
Are you interested in operating and maintaining a high-tech Payment Platform that processes more than $85 billion in more than 55 currencies from over 155 countries around the world using multiple forms of payments? Expedia Global Payments (EGP) is looking for candidates that are passionate about new technologies and bring world class solutions to Expedia’s core technology critical systems.
The eCP organization which EGP is part of, was built to enable our business to scale globally while supporting the needs of our rapidly growing family of brands. The eCP team powers Expedia, Inc.’s travel revolution with a premier platform of ecommerce technologies and services operating at global scale. We bring product, technology, and operations together to accelerate innovation and enable test and learn, constantly pushing ourselves to evolve and innovate for the business. Why build your career with us? We offer the chance to join more than 20 thousand of the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic and international work environment passionate about innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in the testing, deployment, monitoring, and operational improvement of a complex payment stack
- Handle code deployments in multiple environments
- Monitor services and develop ways to improve support
- Provide on-call support under a follow-the-sun model (12/7 rotation between US & India)
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Design, update, improve, and document operational processes
- Define, document, and enforce configuration standards
- Manage CI/CD tools with team in order to improve software delivery and systems deployments
- Enforce best practices and procedures as established by the company
- Perform day-to-day management and administration of projects
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on operations and support
- Brainstorm new ideas and ways to improve software delivery
- Consult peers for feedback during testing stages
Who you are:
To be successful in this role, you will need
- At least 5 years of related-experience working
- Experience running and maintaining mission-critical online services on Linux.
- Experience in one or more scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Ruby, Python, Go)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and the real-time monitoring and alerting of Tier1 applications
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills, as well the ability to take decisions when response time is critical
- Strong written and verbal skills, and the ability to collaborate with colleagues from a wide range of job functions
The following competences would be a plus
- Experience handling full application stacks from the OS up to custom applications
- Knowledge of Splunk, Terraform, Jenkins, GitHub, Chef
- Proficient with common networking technology (Firewalls, Load Balancers, etc.)
- 2 years or more of experience with Cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- Knowledge of running and maintaining backend services on Windows.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
#LI-JA1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.