Senior Cloud System Engineer
New Engen helps companies and marketing teams perform at their peak. Our powerful machine learning and AI technology solution fuels growth at companies across industries, geographies and levels of maturity.
We are focused on helping our partners achieve massive scale of new customer value across all digital marketing platforms. We are results driven, committed, iterative and transparent. Our teams of expert Marketers, Application Developers and Data Scientists help tackle some of the most complex digital marketing challenges.
At New Engen we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we embrace it for the benefit of our employees, our partners, and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and diversity.
About the Role
Do you want to join our team of talented, collaborative, and fun engineers? Does the idea of helping to build a groundbreaking, next generation AI marketing platform used by name brand companies sound exciting?
New Engen is seeking a Senior Cloud System Engineer to work with our engineering teams to build infrastructure and tooling. You will be working with AWS Services, our network, various tools and cloud providers to build reliable infrastructure for fast-growing teams. You will be helping to provide platform tools and infrastructure to enable engineers to build, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot services. Along with the other team members, you will be enabling others to manage and use infrastructure easily and swiftly to reach their specific goals.
We'd love to hear from you if
- You are passionate about new technology
- You enjoy crafting and implementing cloud infrastructure to enable teams to easily build out applications
- You can quickly learn and integrate with new tools and technologies
- You excel with the knowledge and ability to administer Unix/Linux based operating systems
- You are comfortable collaborating with people inside and outside our organization
- You love working with complex multi-tier and distributed systems
- You have dedication to your customers and want to make a difference
- You do not have an ego and enjoy working on a team
- AWS Certification or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years of experience with Cloud Services such as: IAM, RDS, OpsWorks and EC2
- 3 or more years of experience with Configuration Management tools such as: OpsWork, Chef, Ansible or Salt
- Demonstrated experience with Networks including: TCP/IP, DNS, Security Groups, VLANs and HTTP(s)
- Ability to quickly learn and code in multiple languages such as: Python, Ruby, Go lang, or Java
- Experience with scheduling tools such as: Jenkins, crontab
- Ability to administer Linux environments and user access configuration
- Experience writing and maintaining technical documentation
- Desire to work in a fast-paced agile environment
Extras that Will Give you an Edge
- Experience with Data Stores such as: RDS, MySql, Redis, ElasticSearch or ElastiCache
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code including: Terraform and CloudFormation
- Experience with Containers such as: Docker, Swarm and Kubernetes
- Experience with Monitoring and Troubleshooting tools such as: Prometheus, Grafana and ELK
- Experience designing and implementing plans for secure backup and disaster recovery