Senior Data Center Operations Engineer at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Sitting in the center of our cloud, the Cloud Infrastructure team is building the infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) that is the basis for all services offered by ServiceNow to our enterprise IT customers. We are laser-focused on building an innovative, scalable and feature-rich IaaS for enterprise IT.
We employ the brightest and most forward-thinking cloud infrastructure engineers on the planet. We have offices in Amsterdam, London, Seattle, San Diego, San Francisco, Sydney, Melbourne, Tokyo, Singapore, Santa Clara and many other locations all working as a distributed team.
Come join the Cloud Infrastructure team and make your mark building the industry-leading Enterprise IT Cloud!
As a Senior Data Center Operations Engineer, you will be a member of the Service Engineering team that is responsible for global infrastructure design, standards and architecture. You will:
Use your expertise in data center operations to engineer, implement, communicate, execute and streamline processes including but not limited to; security, asset management, deployments, infrastructure design, circuit management, capacity management and hardware break- fix.
Help develop, document and evangelize a catalogue of standards and best practices for data center operations.
Function as the primary point of contact and be accountable for all vendors who operate inside of our data centers.
- Minimum six years of experience in data centers operations and or facility operations with a record of increasing role responsibility.
- Experience in installing and troubleshooting telco circuits a must.
- Installation of pre-integrated racks, individual servers and network appliances including stacking, wiring, cable management, asset documentation and carrier engagement.
- Perform basic hands-on hardware break-fix with servers and network appliances.
- Deep technical understanding of data center facilities and infrastructure including power, HVAC, structured cabling, rack management and security/compliance.
- Working knowledge of networking/server architecture and hardware.
- Experience managing vendors in a data center environment.
- Process oriented and experienced in process development.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to multi-task several unrelated issues.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Excellent general documentation skills with emphasis on technical processes and standards.
- Knowledge and experience in ITIL process methodologies is a plus.
- Proven ability to function independently in ambiguous situations with a record of success.
- Excellent communication, customer focus, problem solving, conflict management, time management and interpersonal skills required.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams in highly technical, multi- disciplined projects.
Pls note that this role is remote and requires travelling between the two Data Centers based near Zurich and near Geneva.Additional Information
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected].com for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.