Senior Developer Advocate at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:05 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, April 15, 2021
Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
As a Developer Advocate at Auth0, your job is to empower developers to innovate and secure their apps with Auth0. Developer advocates have two main focuses. The first is to educate developers about Auth0 and identity through speaking at events, creating live and recorded video content, writing, appearing on podcasts, and other creative mediums. The second is to serve the larger developer community by answering questions and listening to feedback on forums, GitHub, social media, and Slack and Discord servers. You'll then take that information and share it with other marketing, engineering, and documentation teams at Auth0 to help improve our developer experience. These two objectives also include working on programs like Auth0 Ambassadors and Avocado Labs, collaborating with engineering teams, working on open source libraries, and building internal tooling and reporting applications. For all of these tasks, you will measure your impact both quantitatively and qualitatively and adjust course as needed.
Who are we looking for?
- 5+ years experience as a developer, preferably focused on backend technologies like Java or Python.
- You find joy in serving the community and helping fellow developers get better at their jobs.
- You're an educator at heart who loves teaching developers how to build amazing things.
- You're comfortable taking complex topics and making them accessible to developers of different experience levels.
- You enjoy speaking in front of groups of developers at conferences and meetups.
- Writing excites you - part of teaching is developing content!
- You will be the first to try new APIs and products. You're not afraid to roll your sleeves up to write code snippets and sample applications. Even better, you can articulate ways they can be improved to make all developers’ lives easier.
- Once in-person events resume, you’re able and willing to travel 30% to speak at events.
- You are a strong independent contributor, but you enjoy collaborating with teammates and multi-functional teams.
- You are comfortable learning multiple skills simultaneously and managing multiple projects at once.
- Your passion for technology inspires you to explore your curiosity; you love learning new things.
- You find a fast-paced, constantly iterative environment engaging and stimulating.
- You can write and speak proficiently in English.
- #US; #CA
Auth0 is committed to you becoming the best version of yourself. We want to help you develop new technical skills, grow your career and are committed to creating a culture where your voice is heard and valued. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation based on the principles of collaboration, experimentation, learning, transparency and passion. Come join us.
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.