Senior DevOps Engineer – Infrastructure security at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
What you get to do in this role:
· Drive CI/CD style infrastructure/security as a code solution for endpoint, system images including testing
· Provide subject matter expertise on security architecture, tools and systems engineering to other IT and business teams
· Design and implement tools to enable Infrastructure as a Code framework in order to automate security controls, data and processes to improve security posture of overall IT infrastructure
· Stay current on emerging security technologies, vulnerabilities, risks and trends and implement best security practices and optimization
· Document all the security project implementations via technical documentation and run-books
· Collaborate with security team to ensure adoption and implementation of best practices for infrastructure and endpoints.
· Work and involve with TIGIR team for any security incidents related to IT infrastructure, collaborate with cross functional teams to address the incidents and bring them to closure.
To be successful in this role you have:
Prefer Santa Clara but remote is fine as well.
· Extensive knowledge and hands on experience with operating systems – Windows, Linux, MacOS.
· In-depth experience with at least one public cloud technology – AWS, Azure, GCP etc;
· Experience in at least one scripting language – Python, Ansible.
· In depth knowledge and hands on experience with software programming, SDLC, code repository, version controls and such
· In depth understanding of end-end workflow of Vulnerability management tooling, remediation, SLAs, exceptions and such.
· In depth knowledge in automating patch management for infrastructure and endpoints.
· Knowledge of cyber security standards and controls such as ISO, NIST, SOC2 etc;
· Attention to detail, constantly monitor and audit the internal systems to ensure they are safe from external and internal threats.
· Excellent problem solving skills and be able to articulate security related risks and issues and collaborate with TechOps team to bring them to resolution
· View all technologies and design with a cyber security first mind set
· Ability and passion to coach and mentor junior members of the team
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work PersonasWork personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in OfficeA required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
FlexibleA flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
RemoteA remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.