Senior DevOps Engineer
Are you interested in DevOps? In using new technologies for accelerating the development, automating the deployment, and improving the operations of world-class cloud services which power travel across the globe? If you are looking for an opportunity to make an impact and think team spirit is the key, then Expedia Global Payments (EGP) is the place for you. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about new technology, bringing a world class continuous delivery system to a critical component of the core technology of Expedia Group (EG).
EGP’s platform processes over $80 billion in 55+ currencies from over 155 countries every year, across diverse payment options.
What you’ll do:
As a Sr DevOps engineer, you will lead the DevOps and SRE efforts for our EGP organization to modernize, standardize, and constantly improve the build, deployment, and operations systems our engineering teams depend on for the creation and operations of Expedia Global Payments microservices in the cloud. Your knowledge of java systems development and technology will be instrumental to organize the standardization and technical debt reduction of the existing services which power Expedia Group’s payment platform.
- Work closely with multiple teams within the organization to partner in design and delivery
- Provide technical expertise to build and improve EGP’s tools (in particular our CICD platform) in alignment with the company’s common platform & tools group decisions
- Work collaboratively across the organization to define and evangelize the standard for OS / SDK / Libraries
- Evangelize new solutions and tools and help development teams adopting them
- Identify common problems among dev teams and drive standardization of the solutions
- Participate in planning work and identify areas of improvement
- Interact with other engineers to build and influence cloud design decisions
- Develop and maintain internal documentation
Who you are:
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A passion for online services development and operations at scale and for helping people working better together
- 7+ years of experience in a role which mixes Software Development, System Operations and Automation
- High degree of proficiency within all phases of Build, Release and DevOps methodologies
- You understand the challenges around Technical Debt reduction, SDK and Open Source libraries upgrade and have experience addressing them
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language: Bash, Python, Ruby, GoLang
- Experience in at least one modern software development language such as java or C#
- Self-motivated, able to work independently as well as within a team, and work well to meet deadlines within short time constraints
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
The following competences would be a plus:
- Experience using deployment technologies such as Terraform, Cloud Formation, or Chef
- Experience in java/Spring on Linux platforms
- Experience with any of Splunk, Jenkins, GitHub, InfluxDB, Grafana, New Relic, AppD, Haysdtack/Zipkin
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.