Senior Director, Commerce Platform Development
Senior Director Commerce Platform Development
At Expedia Group, we focus on bringing the world within reach. Expedia's eCommerce Platform (eCP) team is at the heart of Expedia Group’s business powering the travelers’ booking through post-stay experience for our portfolio of brands. eCP teams are diverse – we build and maintain world-class travel platform services such as order management, payments, loyalty and risk as well as infrastructural services like data centers, data platforms and security systems.
eCP’s vision is to become the most versatile and expansive transactional platform in travel. The Platform Product & Architecture Team within eCP is driving the evolution of the platform towards our strategic vision. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to lead our most critical platform products.
In this high-visibility role, you will lead the product development of strategic platform products creating new value for our Expedia Group brands, partners, and travelers. You will be responsible for creating core foundational components of the platform (e.g., Commerce Marketplace Portal and API Gateway). You will be a product subject matter authority on the eCommerce Platform providing thoughtful points of view on how our functional teams collaborate to deliver platform priorities.
To be successful, you have strong problem-solving and business skills, as well as experience leading and influencing cross-functional teams. This is a high impact role, that requires you to be an influential voice for the platform and build momentum at all levels of the company. You should be customer-focused with a real passion for B2B platforms.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of software development managers, driving internal product development
- Inspire and motivate engineering talent within and outside the team by sharing the technical complexities, intellectual challenges and a sense of excitement in building this business
- Hire and develop top talent providing relevant and timely coaching across all competencies
- Promote a “one team” mentality that encourages ownership and collaboration around technical and customer problems irrespective of organizational boundaries
- Ensure availability of appropriate metrics and monitoring with engineering focus on site availability, resiliency and reliability
- Perform trend analysis and planning to ensure team processes are set up to regularly review traffic, customer issues, error trends etc. and feedback is brought into development practices
- Transition the team to a DevOps culture and partner with underlying platform teams to ensure clear ownership and support of the applications and services
- Prepare and present status, opportunities, and challenges in various forums such as Quarterly Business Reviews, etc. and seek feedback from executive leaders
- Collaborate across EG; it is important to work with leaders across the teams to understand the needs, set appropriate expectations, contribute technical thought leadership, and regularly review challenges and opportunities etc.
Who you are:
- Led teams building distributed scalable systems (SaaS/API services)
- Managed teams and managers of teams shipping mission critical systems with 24/7 SLAs
- Launched and scaled products from 1 to 1000s of customers
- Built teams, processes and culture that can deliver in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Large scale ecommerce experience
- Driven platform centric mindset and design practices
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.