Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
Auth0 is seeking a Senior Director to lead a team of engineers across our Identity Access Management (IAM) Domain. IAM sits at the core of our service and spans a broad technology scope including Authentication Protocols, Multi Factor Authentication (MFA), Login Experience, Authorization, and Threat Intelligence. IAM builds the experience that powers billions of monthly logins through Auth0's thousands of customers.
You will leverage data and experience to make lots of decisions every day to help unblock teams and will not hesitate to make bold recommendations to senior company leadership.
This role can be based from a home office anywhere in the US or Canada.
- Work closely with our Engineering managers, and VP of Engineering to help scale our Engineering Organization to meet our customer and product needs.
- Lead, mentor and coach a mix of new and seasoned engineering managers running widely distributed teams.
- Work closely with Product & Design to build the next generation of Identity products.
- Provide operational excellence and implement processes and policies that create efficiencies during a time of massive growth.
- Maintain our high security, performance and availability SLA’s as we rapidly scale for customers with 100M+ monthly active users.
- Lead teams that continuously ship new features with aggressive deadlines, measure the results, and iterate. Help convert our systems to be service based and cloud agnostic.
- Continuously monitor team structure and investment levels providing recommendations for optimizations.
- Partner in a leading role with Program Management and Engineering leadership in quarterly and yearly planning.
What you bring:
- 10+ years of technology leadership focused on SaaS primarily in identity and access management (IAM) domain and/or Security.
- At least 8+ years of experience managing large engineering teams (including Managers and Contributors). Comfortable leading and managing widely distributed teams (Geography and Time).
- 12+ years of experience in various elements of full-stack software development front end, back end, data and insights, and hands-on coding experience in the past.
- Proven ability to earn respect, trust from people you work with and to mentor top technical talent.
- Technical leadership experience in design, implementation, and support of core back end, front end, customization, and database services that are highly reliable, flexible, and scalable. You can apply good judgment to the steepest software engineering challenges.
- You set high standards and have demonstrated the ability to build and lead a high-performance team.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced and high-growth company and are comfortable with putting systems in place and adjusting and adapting when needed.
- Experience with Agile software development balanced with enterprise software customer needs.
- You work closely with your peer organizations to ensure cross-team collaboration is effective.
- You have outstanding communication and presentation skills including the ability to effectively interface with business, executive, and technical teams.
- Live in the United States or Canada.
What gets you excited?
- As consumers embrace wearables, regulation continues to change the shape of the industry and attacks continue to plague consumer confidence…Be part of the company that will transform how users' authenticate in the most seamless yet secure way. Think of combining biometrics (retina, fingerprint and even heart ratio!) with location, risk profile, current state of the internet traffic… ALL this to make authentication seamless and secure!
- Unique position in the intersection of developer and enterprise.
- State of art extensibility capabilities enabling developers to completely take control of the SaaS platform customization.
- Help the company advance its leadership position in Pro Code to support No Code.
- #US; #CA;
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.