Senior Director, Engineering
Senior Director Technology
As the Expedia Group's partner focused arm, Expedia Partner Solution's (EPS) mission is to provide its partners with solutions to fuel their growth. Across the travel sector - from loyalty programs, airlines, travel agents, financial institutions, corporate travel management companies and online retailers - we provide partners with the worldwide rates, availability and innovative technology they need to get a competitive edge. By offering partners the flexibility to use our products in the way that best suits their business and perfect the experience for their travelers.
The EPS Technology team is seeking a Senior Director of Engineering to lead its North American organization. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of leading technology teams and a technical background with hands on expertise in engineering. We are looking for a leader who is dedicated as well as ambitious with innovative thinking to ensure that EPS engineering organization will continue to grow. If you have a passion for solving complex and strategically important business problems in an agile environment than this is the opportunity for you!
What you’ll do:
- Direct and control the activities of the engineering teams
- Support and grow a world-class technology team with tight teamwork, efficient processes and strategic value add
- Manage multiple concurrent, complex, and/or unique projects and initiatives across EPS
- Serve in a technology advisory capacity and as a business partner to the EPS Technology Leadership team
- Set technology standards and direct the execution of initiatives from inception through execution
- Interact with EPS LT members, peers and direct reports within function and business unit(s) to provide technology recommendations and input to strategic and operational initiatives
- Develop a deep partnership with Product Management and Business partners and collaborate on a plan to improve Expedia Partner Solution’s products and services
- Develop operational road maps and processes, and define organization in terms of how to meet the work needs over the next 12 months, prioritize work, organize resources and make recommendations to executives on operational structure
- Focus on continually evolving towards faster cycles, pushing business impacting functionality to market quicker
- Ensure systems have high availability and performance
- Lead the team in developing capacity models to forecast the delivery schedule for team project portfolio, model different scenarios and future project resource needs
- Define key metrics for operational processes and implementing performance enhancement programs
- Work with other teams within Expedia Group to deliver cross-group projects
- Provide planning support for 2 - 3-year view on technology and/or operational strategies for business unit(s) supported
- Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports
Who you are:
- Demonstrable track record of delivering at an aggressive pace and achieving notable business results. Evidence of this will include product success/recognition in the marketplace
- 12+ years engineering management experience in an eCommerce and/or software development environment using Agile methodologies. 8+ years in management capacity with increasing responsibility.
- Deep technical expertise in online transactional technologies with an emphasis on Java, Cloud, and related technical ecosystems
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Solid leadership skills in attracting, retaining and developing tech talent and proven ability to successfully lead growing (agile) tech team
- Excellent influencing and stakeholder management skills in a complex matrix organization
- eCommerce experience preferred
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.