At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
PitchBook is looking for an accomplished engineering leader to join our team as Senior Director of Engineering. As Senior Director, you will report directly to our VP of Product at our Seattle location and lead an organization of managers and engineers to create innovative products and solutions through the PitchBook Platform that provide our customers with the information they need to win. In this role, you will be the head of technology for PitchBook and will help guide and shape the company strategic vision as a member of PitchBook's Senior Leadership Team.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Build and grow teams through effective hiring, coaching, and development
- Provide technical leadership; set vision, strategies, goals, priorities, plans, and oversee development
- Deliver product roadmap on-time, communicating clearly with team, management and stakeholders
- Contribute to and lead design, architecture, process and development discussions
- Work with other managers and team members to estimate effort and document scope
- Distill and communicate technical concepts to the team and other stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications:
- 15+ years of experience building and growing high-performing engineering teams
- Proven history of working closely with business partners to successfully drive overall company objectives
- Experience in developing long-term strategies and influencing leadership decisions
- Successful experience in establishing and evolving engineering development processes across multiple teams
- Experience building scalable enterprise SaaS products and services
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Experience managing large teams (100+)