Senior Engineer, Internal Services
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case. We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer.
We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!
The Internal Services team is responsible for services that are consumed by many other Auth0 software engineering teams such as: rate limiting, feature flagging and email delivery. Supporting more than 2.5B logins per month, these foundational services need to be extremely reliable and fast while handling thousands of client requests per second.
We’re looking for a Senior Engineer to work with our software developers rethinking and maintaining these critical services. The ideal candidate has experience building systems at scale and a track record of mentorship.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborating to design and develop highly available, reliable Node.js services.
- Establishing good habits around code reviews for the team that encourage less senior members to review your code just as you might for them.
- Crafting and implementing features and bug fixes.
- Working with other Auth0 engineering teams to understand how they are using the services and their future needs.
- Participating on the team's on-call rotation.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have experience in designing, developing and operating highly available distributed systems.
- Are a data driven decision maker: you use SLOs, error budgets and build insightful monitoring dashboards.
- Enjoy working in an iterative development environment.
- Can add value to a conversation even when you are not familiar with the entire context.
- Have initiative and can "unblock" yourself to get things done.
- Tend to deliver work incrementally to get feedback and iterate over solutions.
- Demonstrates a track record of success managing technical debt.
- Took the lead on technology/tool selection in a past position.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience building services to be consumed by other developers.
- (GMT-8); (GMT-7); (GMT-6); (GMT-5); (GMT-4); (GMT-3); (GMT-2); (GMT-1); (GMT)
You can learn more about our hiring process here.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description