Senior Engineer, Release at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:03 a.m. (PST) on Monday, October 12, 2020
Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
Auth0 gives companies simple, powerful and developer friendly building blocks so they can free up resources to focus on innovation. We strive to be the identity platform of choice of developers and Enterprises. We take our culture very seriously and are looking for people who are drawn to both our mission and our culture.
The Release Engineer manages the transformation of raw source code into deployable artifacts, and determines the strategies used for safely and correctly releasing software into production. This includes managing the overall cadence of releases, developing tools to help engineers visualize the status of deployments, developing versioning strategies for code and config, and managing the storage, publication, and retention of deployable artifacts.
We are looking for curious, engaging and passionate engineers that will help us build an innovative team with a strong focus on continuously improving and optimizing our release infrastructure. Among other projects this team will be working on:
- Provide a "self-service" provisioning of Continuous Integration (CI) and Delivery (CD) infrastructure for teams
- Develop tools that enable teams to scale their own CI and CD workflows
- Provide advice, guidance and tooling on using "CI as Code" for engineering teams
- Collect metrics, logging, and perform reporting about our CI and CD infrastructure
- Keep traceability for every piece of code delivered to production
- Design, develop and maintain services to deliver Build and Release capabilities for Engineering teams.
- Engage with other engineering teams at Auth0 to understand their needs and lead them to improve their integration and release experience.
- Create guidelines for recommended release management practices and evangelize them among teams at Auth0.
- Maintain, automate and scale our CI and CD infrastructure.
- Enhance engineering operations by providing support and guidance to deliver new services to production.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Design and build scalable services.
- Write clean, readable, and maintainable code (Go, Node, Python).
- Prototype and build proof of concepts with different technologies to understand tradeoffs.
- Have experience with patterns and techniques for software integration and delivery.
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote first environment.
- Invested in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Have the ability to influence development teams and evangelize best practices.
- Have a passion for infrastructure as code and config management tools.
- Are familiar with AWS, Terraform, Jenkins, Packer or similar.
- Are familiar with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Linux.
- #US; #AR; #CA;
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.