About the Job
IllFonic is looking for a Senior Engineer to join our talented game development team. As a Senior Engineer, you will work in large code based engines like Unreal Engine 4. The role requires developing gameplay features for multiple projects and mentoring other programmers. The job requires 5+ years experience, a strong understanding of writing portable C++ code and source control. Additionally, your ability to take on any task that is presented to you is hugely beneficial to the company.
We are looking for team players who work well in a collaborative environment and who are interested in growing with the company for many years to come.
Founded in 2007, IllFonic (IllFonic, LLC) is an independent video game developer with studios in Golden, Colorado; Tacoma, Washington; and Austin, Texas. Our staff is composed of video game, music, and technology veterans redefining how games are made and marketed. Titles and collaborations include Predator: Hunting Grounds, Friday the 13th: The Game, Dead Alliance, Star Citizen, Evolve, Armored Warfare, and Nexuiz.
Available Office Locations
Golden, CO / Tacoma, WA / Austin, TXResponsibilities
- Design and develop full-featured systems from the ground up
- Work with animation and design to tune features
- Build debugging tools
- Optimize code for multiplayer games
- Write clear documentation on systems that designers and other engineers can understand and put into use
- 5+ years game industry experience
- Strong C++ development skills
- Strong experience with source control
- Experience with development of at least one shipped title
- Experience with modern game platforms (PC, Xbox One, PS4, Switch)
- Experience with profiling and optimization techniques
- Experience working on multiplayer games
- Familiarity with different game engine architectures
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with C# and Python
- Shipped console title(s)