Who is Wyze?
Wyze is a tech startup based in Kirkland, WA.
We’re a team of innovators and tech geeks obsessed with making smart home products accessible to everyone. Our products are intuitive and easy to use, and we partner with our customers to add new features and continuously improve our products over time. We believe customers shouldn’t have to compromise – beautifully designed smart home products should enrich people’s lives and be something everyone can afford.
We launched our first smart home camera, Wyze Cam, in October 2017. We also sell Wyze Cam Pan, a pan & tilt camera.
What is this opportunity?
If you have the spirit of an entrepreneur and enjoy a fast pace environment, this opportunity is for you. We are growing rapidly and looking for team members who have the energy to work in a quickly moving industry. We are a user centric company, being able to understand our customers and our users is one of the aspects to success in our company.
As a Engineering Lead, you will lead a team to own Product Quality and software Release Management in Wyze. Your team takes a special position in Wyze which connects the product team and development team together. Your team works closely with our CS and community team to classify/prioritize product issues/feedbacks from customers. After that your product engineers will follow up on the top issues to resolve them.
Your team will also proactively monitor/improve product health. Your release team will lead the Wyze engineering teams to deliver features/products on time with high quality. Your team defines release schedule by considering all dependencies of hardware vs. software, Wyze development vs. partner integration, app vs. cloud vs. firmware.
Your team owns communication and execution of the release plan with different teams and partners in different locations. As a people manager, you should create clarity, generate energy, and deliver success for your team. You will deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Own post release product quality by solving top engineering issues together with developers
- Help alpha/beta software testing to improve quality before official release
- Work closely with CS/Community team to classify and prioritize customer issues
- Take CS/Community tech escalation as needed
- Proactively define/build product metrics to identify issues sooner
- Build tools/processes which can easily propagate for new Wyze products
- Advocate for customers for experience improvement
- Schedule product release plan for App, Cloud, and firmware for Wyze
- Communicate project plan, priority, and schedule to internal teams and partners
- Conduct and lead Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Work with Wyze QA Team to assure every release meets predefined quality bar
- Define and improve release processes. Utilize external tools as appropriate
- Continually work towards making improvements in QA and release process
- Drive group level process improvements for engineering excellence
- Efficient team management to achieve team level results
- Demonstrates teamwork and values that foster a positive team culture
- Coach each of your team members to advance in their career path
You already have these qualifications and you love what you do:
- 5+ years of Product Engineering, QA, or release management experience
- 2+ years of experience in people leadership role
- A track record of delivering complex software solutions to customers from QA and release perspective
- Exceptional project management skill and decision-making skill
- Excellent internal and external communication skill
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Deep understanding of SDLC and agile development
- Proficient in Mandarin
- Be available during some weekday nights to communicate with partners from China
Bonus points if you can say yes to any of the following:
- Be active and passionate in Smart Home products
- Former experience with IoT and/or smart home products.
- Former experience with mobile and firmware product development
- Experience in collaborating with teams across different time zones and geographies
If this sounds too good to be true and you are ready to be part of #teamwyze then we want to hear from you! Please send us your resume or detailed Linkedin profile and tell us a little about yourself with a cover letter that showcases some of the outstanding things you can do!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Lastly and incredibly important to us: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity as well as inclusion at Wyze. We are fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. That’s how we do things!
Read Full Job Description