Senior Engineering Manager - Application Architecture
- Inspire, recruit, develop, and manage top tier talent
- Lead our efforts to improve our server-side application architecture, including external API interfaces and Python application modularity
- Lead our efforts to make our core "booking engine" into a platform, including end
- Develop KPIs and evaluate progress against each of your areas of responsibility
- Communicate and demonstrate the value of this work to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience
- 8+ years of management experience
- Experience with large scale cloud-based software systems, ideally on AWS
- Experience with large software projects, ideally in a dynamic language
- Experience managing managers is a plus
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high quality, scalable, and supportable solutions.
- We embrace progressive engineering practices including a continuous deployment pipeline and automated testing. Our engineers just merge their branch and it ships.
- We're serious about the quality of our production operations, and employ thorough system, application, and user interaction monitoring and anomaly detection.
- We're data-driven and believe in informing many of our decisions through experimentation.
- Our feature teams represent small autonomous business units with developers, product managers, and designers working side-by-side.
- And, dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year