Using our industry-leading game engine, we are building a whole new line of products and services centered around running massively scaled simulations in the cloud. What we build will impact multiple industries such as Game operations, Robotics, and Autonomous Vehicles and contribute to the advancement of Artificial Intelligence.
We are building a set of tools and services for the next-generation platform, given our growing product needs. We’re looking for a leader who is passionate about building distributed services at scale for data generation, machine learning, and scenario testing to advance state of art for simulations and virtual worlds.
In this role, your team will be designing, building, and supporting new services for the simulation platform. You'll develop the infrastructure and scaling experience across all our product lines. Your work will change how Unity can be used in the world of simulation based testing and training!
Learn more about our key products
What you'll be doing
- Establish long-term technical and product vision, continuous focus on inventing on behalf of customers.
- Unblocking obstacles for and empowering engineers on the team to do their best work.
- Build, coach, and mentor a world-class engineering team.
- Set and achieve goals that stretch what’s possible for scaling simulations in the cloud.
- Work closely with customers inside and outside Unity to enable maximum benefit from Simulations.
What we're looking for
- Experience building, retaining, and managing high performing diverse and inclusive teams, and growing and mentoring software engineers.
- Hands-on experience developing large scale distributed systems.
- Proven ability to implement and operate large scale systems with a focus on shipping quality software products and services.
- Experience working with AWS, Azure, GCP, or other cloud providers.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships across the company
You might also have
- Experience launching multiple Products and Programs.
- Experience working with or building data platforms and ML training pipelines.
- Experience with Unity Engine, 3D simulators, game development, and graphics.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Significant contributions to open source software.
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.