Senior Front End Engineer - Digital Experience
At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
9,000+ organizations worldwide and most of the Fortune 100 rely on Qualtrics Experience Management, to listen and engage with people at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict which changes will resonate mostly with customers and employees.
Not only is our technology powering the world’s greatest companies, but by understanding human emotions, beliefs, sentiments and values, we will close some of the world’s biggest gaps. Because many of the world’s most pressing problems occur from a lack of understanding – and that’s a problem we can solve.
About the Digital Experience Team
Our team builds and maintains a scalable system with billions of pageviews a week, to bridge the experience gap on every device. We currently provide customers with tools to enable them to make on-the-fly changes, including customized questions and messages, on their company’s websites and mobile apps, so they can listen and engage with a targeted segment of users.
We are looking for an experienced front end engineer who can enable our customers to effortlessly design beautiful and delighting user experiences. You will be building solutions for two types of users: the Qualtrics user and the website or app user.
- For the Qualtrics user, we aim to make it easy for them to solicit feedback across multiple platforms and devices, analyze the data for key insights, and take action to close the experience gap.
- For the website or app user, we need to enable them to communicate their needs and provide input to improve everyone’s experience, without intercepting them or distracting them from what they’re currently trying to achieve.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years professional experience building customer facing web applications
- Experience building performant, delightful and responsive UI
- Proficiency using modern web development technologies, such as Angular or ReactJS
- Ability to thoughtfully advocate for the adoption of new frameworks and methodologies
- Demonstrated history of mentoring and growing other engineers
- Experience with continuous delivery, git, test automation and build\deploy systems
- Experience building large-scale web applications
- Experience with MVC and single page application technologies, including AngularJS, Angular2, Polymer, Vue, Ember, React or ReactNative
- Familiarity with web application build pipelines (such as WebPack, Gulp, etc)
A Day in the Life
- Work with design and product teams to understand needs, propose features, build early prototypes and transform them into exciting end consumer features
- Develop scalable, fast, robust, and rich web-based solutions to solve complex business problems, using the latest front-end technologies
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Improve our front-end infrastructure, build UI components, and discover and solve issues
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work to deliver value to your customers
- Contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their front-end technical knowledge and the engineering practices on your team