Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Today, public safety officers spend up to 2/3 of their time on the job filling out paperwork. Not only is this tedious for officers, but the never-ending pile of paperwork reduces the amount of time they can spend out in the field, protecting their communities. That’s why we’re building Axon Records, a brand-new cloud-based web platform that cuts down on paperwork so that officers can spend more time prioritizing the safety of our communities.
As a Front-End Engineer on the Axon Records Search team, you will build a high-performance, scalable search platform to equip law enforcement officers with the information they need to document critical incidents, report their interactions, and protect their communities. And that’s just the beginning. By building a data analytics platform to gather real-time insights from criminal data to help agencies solve crimes and keep patrol officers safe in the field, you will help transform the future of public safety.
Imagine the year 2030. Advanced technology has automated more and more routine tasks to put officers back in the community, dramatically improving the quality and safety of our lives. Artificial Intelligence connects the dots and surfaces insights to help prevent crime and keep officers and citizens informed and protected.
Sound exciting? We think so too. Check out this short video to learn more about where we're heading, and apply now to join a team that's turning this vision into a reality.
- Design and implement new features for the next generation Records Management System
- Work closely with customers and design top-priority features
- Engage with modern front-end technologies to build an intuitive and performant search experience
- Mentor junior developers on the team
- A customer-obsessed developer with 5+ years of experience in launching and operating complex web applications
- Passionate about building attractive, easy-to-use, fast and responsive user interfaces
- Experience designing for high availability, reliability, security, and performance
- Experience building complex and impactful software in a team environment
- Enjoys mentoring and growing junior engineers
- Bachelor's Degree
- Facilitates cross-team collaboration among engineers and contributes to the broader community of engineers
- Experience designing and delivering highly available and scalable web platforms
- Experience using metrics (such as Mixpanel, Splunk, Datadog etc.) to triage and investigate failure scenarios
- Influences peers, advises senior leaders, coaches and mentors junior team members
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- An encouraging parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.