Senior Frontend Architect at Zipwhip
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What's the job really?
- Design, implement, and maintain the flagship Zipwhip web application, a large scale, feature rich productivity tool
- Shape and execute the technical roadmap to develop the next generation features; integrate best in class architecture principles and goals into the team's projects through designs, implementation strategies, and project sequencing
- Work with the engineering and product leadership to evaluate technology needs in accordance with product strategy and define a technology roadmap
- Solve problems related to streaming user content, real time notifications, and large data sets
- Bring new features and functionality to reality with insight into UX best practices while still maintaining support for business customers on aging browsers, (IE8/9)
- Develop rock solid releases ensuring the Zipwhip SLA's are always at the forefront
What you bring to the table:
- 15+ years of software engineering and architecture experience, specifically with front-end & web application full-stack systems
- Proven experience of architecture and design best practices especially focused around front-end data driven visualization
- Proven track records of leading the software architecture and design of visually rich, complex frontend full-stack systems through till deployment
- Solid understanding and daily usage of the following technologies:
- React, Redux, ImmutableJS
- Testing frameworks mocha, chai etc.
- ES6: classes, async/await, destructuring, Babel
- Node: hapi, express
- Bonus for understanding and usage of Relay (server & client), RxJS, Docker
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices.
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Complimentary access to a fitness center.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.